The Jim Tucker Trophy Tribute Race.

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Guy Loveridge

Re: The Jim Tucker Trophy Tribute Race.

Post by Guy Loveridge »

Hi all - Barry SS, our UK organiser, has asked for "shows of intent" - cash not necessary now, but I do need to let him know! I believe we race on Saturday. Thanks those who have sent me paperwork - we need to hit all who raced last time, so, please, spread the word!
Best,
Guy
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

You all missed a great event; race was won by Adrian (who actually finished 3rd overall), followed by Jack and myself.
Barry
keith morris

Post by keith morris »

Indeed - it was a great event
Great venue
Great racing
Great weather

It was a pleasure to hold the picnic table/ pit board (bit of Mog improvisation) for Barry and Jack - who had a great time harassing a Porsche 911

No Mog footage but good onboard from an E-type further up the grid - see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnrmfb5ktUQ

Cheers

Keith (Morris - not the other one!)
Guy Loveridge

Post by Guy Loveridge »

Hello to all!
I am so sorry that I could not be there!

Delighted that those who made it enjoyed the event. Adrian is someone I introduced to Jim personally, as with Barry, so, fabulous result!

Let me know if you want it to happen annually or bi-annually?

Cheers,

Guy
Guy Loveridge

Post by Guy Loveridge »

RIGHT - As it is 2013 - it's Jim tucker Trophy Time again! I have sponsorship for prizes - yes, you get real money for winning this one! - I have asked Julius Thurgood if we can run within one of his HRDC events. I'll be seeing Julius this Tuesday/Wednesday - let me know if many of you are interested? It will be UK based this time. Everyone who has taken part in the first two agrees, it's a decent race to do, and I am trying hard to keep Jim remembered!!!!

UPDATE - Julius will run this for us - IF we can get a grid of 12 cars. The sad thing is he won;t take +8s - as his ethos now is purely pre '66. I'd prefer to stick to my original feel for the Tucker Trophy and have any racing Morgan which is from Jim's "Active" racing career - thus up to c1972 - so all up to Moss Box +8s. What do you, my potential competitors think? Is there anyone else we could link up with? Other than Barry S-S - as his overseas race, whilst fab and at Spa, does not seem hugely popular with you all?

The floor is open!