A World First

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: A World First

Post by Andy Downes »

Tony Oliver wrote: It was wonderfull to see all SLR's out and a great weekend. Can anyone clarify which SLR was registered as 581 DOK as shown in the Roger Bell book Morgans to 1969?
Hello Tony,

I must have missed you all at Goodwood on Saturday - apart from ober-gruppenfuhrer Green first thing :lol:

The number 581 DOK was originally on Gordon Spice's Lawrencetune Morgan +4 (traditional model) which then became the SLR that Simon OG now races.

However I have seen it on the Wallace/Howard car that now belongs to Keith so who knows...

It' also in another book which I'll dig out later.

Andy
'Skipper'
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

This number was definitely on the ex: Lawrence SLR. Apparently it was put on when the number TOK 258 was put back on Chris' traditional Morgan.

(You notice I avoid the use of the word registered!)

Cheers

Mark
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Andy Downes wrote:It's also in another book which I'll dig out later.
The car is also pictured in "The Last Survivor" by Chris Harvey.

As we have said before, the Reistration Number is the least reliable method of identifying a car, although the easiest to spot ! Especially when you consider that Chris Lawrence himself recounts stories of two Monicas running on the road with the same numbers, at the same time. I have heard tales of other LT cars too...

Andy
'Skipper'
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

A few pictures from the paddock are now on skydrive, no offence intended.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

‘of two Monicas running on the road with the same numbers, at the same time.’

I have heard rumour of the same story about certain Morgan folk – long time ago of course. Not actually on the road at the same time – just one out on one day and the other on another day…..
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Leigh Sebba wrote:‘of two Monicas running on the road with the same numbers, at the same time.’

I have heard rumour of the same story about certain Morgan folk – long time ago of course. Not actually on the road at the same time – just one out on one day and the other on another day…..

Machiel Kalf has been speaking to Chris L's first wife Jenny recently - she recounted a story seeing a line of 5 Morgans all bearing the number.... :shock:

Andy
'Skipper'
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

Just to keep things interesting a picture from Goodwood showing where the Triumph SLR (23) is 'shorter' in the Bonnet/Scuttle area.

Have Fun 8-)

Andy

'Skipper'