Bentley Drivers Meeting - TT

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

jochem kentgens1
Anti spam question: MSA

Bentley Drivers Meeting - TT

Post by jochem kentgens1 »

Good evening,

Nico Zonneveld and myself will be coming over from Holland for the BDC Meeting to race in the Techniques Trophy in August.

Very much looking forward and after several years of promises to Brian it seems it will finally happen....!

Does anyone know what other grids might welcome us? Both our cars are App K and on Dunlops.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all in three months from now!

Jochem Kentges
john bevan

Re: Bentley Drivers Meeting - TT

Post by john bevan »

Hi Jochem,

the Handicap race and the Allcomers Scratch race, and possibly the Aero Racing Morgan challenge, but you need to check with Katy Thompson the series co-ordinator, looking forward to racing against you in the TT, 3 races should be plenty!!

all the best,

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Brian Gateson
Tech Comm

Post by Brian Gateson »

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank you all again for entering this years Techniques Trophy Race, I hope that you all enjoyed yourselves. The race was clean and tidy (from where I was sat), although I was not quite sure about the very slow back marker....? Thank you to John Clarke for the superb presentation (Brilliant book if you haven't already got a copy) and to everyone else who attended making it a fun Morgan day. As those of you there will know Jochem's +4 (all the way from the Netherlands) was unable to race, which was a great shame, but does mean he will have to try again next year!

Cheers
Brian & Tracy
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

THANK YOU BRIAN,(and Tracy et al) another great event, entry, race, refreshment, company, not to sure about Mr.Clarke's presentation. When I did it I voted him 'Driver of the Race'!! What did he do in return ....................?

I will send you a few pictures from the event for your workshop wall.

Commiserations to Jochem, such a shame, but he has a lovely family.

Looking forward to next year's already.

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Allow me to echo Bobs thanks Brian and Tracy - on behalf of the drivers.

It is such a fun race and having done every one since your inspired idea of creating the 4 cylinder race by bolting it on to the traditional MG and AC race I can say that this was the best one yet!

BDC Silverstone, even when the weather is a bit dodgy,is a great meeting but when the weather is kind and there is a bit of sunshine too it just makes it even better - the people, the cars. It could only be England in August!

Commiserations to Jochem - but as Brian says you will just have to come again next year!

Once again many thanks for your hospitality and support and enthusiasm.

Cheers!

Mark
jochem kentgens1
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by jochem kentgens1 »

Also on my behalf thanks to Brian, Tracy and James (and other Techniques crew)!

We enjoyed ourselves very much and it was great meeting many of you. The racing wasn’t too successful for us but that only meant we could open the bottles of wine earlier……

Upon return in Holland we opened the engine and Brian you were right… it was a cracked liner… so that one will be replaced, as well as a damaged piston.

And as some of you rightfully point out, and to speak with the famous words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Holywood movie the Terminator…. I’LL BE BACK….!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Does anyone have contact details for Katy Thomson?
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

PS: Does anyone have contact details for Katy Thomson?
Jochem - go to the Challenge web site Contact page and click the email link.

http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/contact.html

An email will open with her email address and her postal address is also there.

Sorry you had an engine problem at Silverstone and we look forward to seeing you again.