+4 race in Holland

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

machiel kalf

+4 race in Holland

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear +4 (and 4/4) fanatics,

Ten minutes a go I received an phone call from the chairman of the HARC. (Historic Auto Ren Club, HOLLAND).
He said: We have time in our program at Assen (famous TT-circuit). Date 11 & 12 july 2015). Do you know a group of racers who like to take part in our event(s)?
The costs are €135,- per minute. For a race and practice (tractime 75 minutes) that's around €10,000.- In English money around £8000,-If we have 20 cars on the grid you pay £400,-
(If we make the race 25 minutes and practice 25 minutes as well The price is 50 minutes (€135,-) the costs are €6750,- (£5400,-)

Another option is Zandvoort 2 & 3 May. Same price, same story.

Let me know your thoughts. My Email address is machielkalf@ziggo.nl phone 00 31 (0)6 41776237.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Machiel Kalf.
machiel kalf

Re: +4 race in Holland

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear +4 and 4/4 fanatics,

There is another option to race in Holland: The famous TT-circuit the 11 and 12 juli.

From what I understand the Zandvoort dates are not interesting because of the Donnington event.

Look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Machiel Kalf.
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Machiel,
Sorry but not totally sure what we are doing next year as yet but will keep you posted it would be good to get the Plus 4 over to Holland again soon. Trust you are well and happy Christmas :D
Regards
Richard
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo Richard and all 4/4 and +4 fanatics.

Are you all happy with the content of the new book? Well, I am very happy! Later I shall try to make a graphic drawing of the way TOK258 (and XRX1) went from owner to owner.
Another point is the "news" (not for me) about the true Super Sports. If you like to check this news, please have a look on the original factory catalogues of that period. Or the adverts in the magazines! It's always a 2 seater +4 with a Serie IV or Serie V body. Of course in aluminium! Yes, with al the LT stuff on board like the special engine (Iskenderian camshaft?), Derrington exhaust, aluminium LT-inlet manifolds, 42mm Webers etc. (The 42mm Webers are extreemly expensive in modern days).

I understand that it isn't possible to organise a 4/4 and +4 race at Zandvoort. But, with some luck maybe next year. In Holland we have a "special" department of the MSCCHolland called The Classic Group. This group is part of the MSCCH. Owners of Morgans built before 1969 are all automaticly a member of the Classic Group. We organise at least 3 times a year something special for this group. One of the traditional parts is the historic race weekend at Zandvoort. We have a tent, with all kind of drinks (for free!!), Morgan "stuff" etc.

If we can have a Morgan 4 cylinder race, of course we invite the 4/4 and +4 fanatics from Germany, Belgium etc. how more supporters how better!

Wish you all Merry X-Mas and a Happy 2015,

Machiel.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hi Machiel,
Does a 1968 Plus 8 qualify?
Is the Zandvoort event the same weekend as the Oldtimer Festival 8-9th August?
Mary