Morgan +4 new years lunch 2016

For those interested in competing 4 cylinder Morgans

Moderator: John Clarke

simon king

Morgan +4 New Year Lunch 2015 - Leathern Bottle?

Post by simon king »

So, our esteemed organiser of the annual +4 Drivers Lunch is going to be on his own International Adventure this year so it's down to the rest of us to get ourselves organised. With 'The Lawrence Tune Years' book probably part of our essential reading list this will no doubt provide some interesting conversation. The question is do we all want to meet up this year?

Saturday 3rd /10th Jan 2015? Leathern Bottle still?

Simon
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Morgan +4 New Year Lunch 2015 - Leathern Bottle?

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Regret am away that week of 3 and 10 but if it gets delayed to 17th then I would hope to be there
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Simon,

You beat me to it!

Now that it is Dec 1st I thought I could safely post up the Plus 4 racers noggin and natter at the Leathern Bottle without Bob taking the pis tols at dawn...!

I can drink the health to our missing friend in the Antipodes on either the 3rd or the 10th. (or the 17th for that matter!)

However as Phil Tisdall and I do (nearly) everything together I better wait and see which day suits him!

Also I wonder if Mr. Plant is bored out of his head on his paradise island and reading this...!!!

Cheers

Mark
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Hi Simon,
Thanks for posting and organising =D> I could do the 3rd, 10th or 17th

And yes Mark I have been following the posts and definitely not bored. Just about read Jake and Chris's new excellent book The Lawrence Tune Years and see that Cupie Doll gets a few mentions and photos.

Regards to all and looking forward to lunch already!!
Richard 8-) 8-)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Can I come? Please!

I promise to be on my best behaviour, although I have not read any Morgan books lately, still Santa Claus has not come yet. :D
Robert F.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Simon,

What a great proposal! Did you start reading the new book already? At the moment I am reading page 50. What a Tsunami of information comes to you. It's a big surprise to read the stories of the Lawrence team. Some stories are told in other books......... but just the otherway around!! For example the start and original idea of the +4 Super Sports. Chris told me personally a totally different story. See his book!

I have to find a better excuse to pop over to this +4 meeting. But, it attracts me (and my wife as well!!) a lot.I think the 3th will be the best date for us. (If we can make it.....)

What's the address?

Machiel Kalf.
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Thanks Mark,
I have consulted the diary, I have been advised that, "We" will be in Edinburgh until the New Year. So not wishing to disappoint the locals and their wonderful hospitality \:D/ , I doubt that I will be in a fit state to (legally) drive South until Sat or Sun.
So I will fit in with the majority for the 10th or 17th.
Philip
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Looks like the 10th or 17th January are going to be the preferred dates.

Bob (and Machiel) of course you are welcome.

We usually have a very good turnout of Morgan Plus 4 ( and 8!) drivers so lets wait until we get a few more replies before casting the date in stone.

Cheers

Mark
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

The Lambert Arms is the other side of the M40 at J6 and offers accommodation , as well as a bar/food etc.

You can walk to the Leathern Bottle in about 15 minutes via footpath under the M40

http://www.bespokehotels.com/lambertarms
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

If Machiel is going to join us we ad better swat-up on the 'Watches of the World', and learn to distinguish your Rolex Oyster from your Casio 'Woolies' version.

I can see us having a jolly good time.

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Don’t delay to 17th just for my benefit !
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear +4 fanatics,

At the moment I am still reading "The Book". For me the most important "news" was to see on page 102! The one and only +4 Super Sports are +4's, low line body (just one with a Serie III, Serie IV and Serie V), two seaters, and ofcourse Lawrence Tune engine, exhaust, LT- inlet, and 42mm Webers. I have to count the numbers of this type in my factory lis!!. But, I have the feeling that the total will be around 50 or 60. The rest are +4's with a Lawrence Tune engine. So, it's not a +4 DHC Super Sports............... or a +4 4 seater Super Sports. Interesting "news" isn't it?

On page 58 the explanation about original TOK and for example XRX1......... So intersting. Can't wait to go on with reading.

For me the best option to pop over to The UK, we come specially for this event, is the 3e of January. But, if most of the "fanatics" prefer a later date, OK to me. I wait with my booking(s).

Best regards, Merry X-Mass and a fantastic 2015.

Machiel.
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Bob Bull wrote:If Machiel is going to join us we ad better swat-up on the 'Watches of the World', and learn to distinguish your Rolex Oyster from your Casio 'Woolies' version.

I can see us having a jolly good time.

Bob.

Dear Bob,

If you like I can bring you some real historic autosport related watches and dashboard instruments made by Heuer in the Sixties. What do you think about a Heuer Carrera? A Heuer Autavia? Or the specially made for the rally sport dashboard instruments like the Sebring, Master Time etc.

Oh, and by the way, CASIO has made fantastic watches. But, not mechanical............... And I think thats what we all like the most.

Machiel.
Greg Mackie
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Greg Mackie »

Wish I could go ! I could wear my Girard Perregaux, called 'The Strider'...had it for 40 years or so.
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

Hi chaps

I can do either the 10th or 17th but have a preference for the 17th.

Mark