S'stone 23/24 June
Le Mans 7/8 July **** Bugatti Circuit ****
Knockhill 21/22 July
Zandvoort 8/9th Sept

Again, anyone planning to enter?

John
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

I am planning to enter at least one of the Equipe GTS races in amongst my HSCC commitments. I think that this series is a natural home for Plus 4s (pre 1966). Cars have to run to FIA specification (although no papers are required) and the idea is to focus on lower powered cars. The field is largely made up of MGs and Triumphs but I know that the organisers (who are really welcoming blokes) want to provide more variety in 2007.

Mark Hoble
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Mark,

Do you know whether we can run on aero screens in this series or do we have to fit hardtops?

Also I seem to remember that the cars are all shod with Dunlop racing rubber - or can we use our/my Avon CR66-ZZ tyres?

Cheers

Mark
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

The Equipe GTS regs can be seen here.
Mark Hoble

Post by Mark Hoble »

" Do you know whether we can run on aero screens in this series or do we have to fit hardtops?

Also I seem to remember that the cars are all shod with Dunlop racing rubber - or can we use our/my Avon CR66-ZZ tyres?"

Mark

They have changed the regs slightly this year so that Morgans have to run with a full screen (but no hard top) - this is not mentioned on the website but Jim Lowry has confirmed it with me.

The tyre regs are now dependent on weight. There is a threshold weight for each type of car under which you have to run Dunlops.

Mark
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Post by Andy Green »

Getting an entry in this series can be difficult

I also suggest you consider the Thoroughbred series run with the MG car club which has a Class for FIA cars and others
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Looking at the regs, unless you are over 900kg, then you have to run Dunlops. I would be surprised if any racing Mogs exceed this weight.

john
Andy Downes

Post by Andy Downes »

I saw this race at Zandvoort a couple of weeks ago and it would certainly seem suitable for some of our pre-1966 4-Cylinder cars.

The race itself (two in fact) were well supported and provided excellent spectating. The cars were well turned out with a healthy grid and the emphasis on Fun and Variety.

Lots of MGBs, a smattering of TRs and TVR Granturas, a Gilbern GT, a Lotus Elite, probably MG Midgets and an Alpha too but my memory is letting me down - a natural home for a standard'ish +4 or pre-crossflow 4/4.

I think the organisers would welcome another make entering the fray, link to the Equipe GTS website below :-

http://www.equipe-gts.com/eligiblecars.htm

Have Fun

Andy
8-) 8-) 8-)
'Skipper'
Mark Shears

Equipe GTS

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Andy,

I was very fortunate to get an entry to the Silverstone Classic Meeting in my Plus 4 Supersports rep.with the HSCC at the end of July and had the pleasure of meeting Jim Lowry who organises the Equipe GTS series.

He is a keen supporter of Morgans and would welcome Plus 4 owners with a suitable car to race with his series. I know Mark Hoble has already competed this year and I think Dion Kremer has also competed previously.

Richard Plant and I are also intending to have a go next year as one of the attractions is the opportunity to race at some great circuits abroad.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Hoble

Equipe GTS

Post by Mark Hoble »

As Mark says I have competed with Equipe GTS this year. I try to do at least one event with them each year as they are a good bunch of guys.

The quick cars are MGBs - I still can't work how the front runners are as quick as they are - but Jim Lowry is very keen to reduce the proportion of MGBs on the grid, hence his enthusiasm for Morgans.

Be careful about the tyres regs though. Over 2000cc and under 900kgs; you have to run Dunlop Historics.

Mark
Jochem Kentgens

Re: "Equipe" GTS for Morgan 4 Cylinder cars

Post by Jochem Kentgens »

Hi all,

Planning to go to Silverstone on 1/2 September...(Brian, I know tat is a month late....)

But I thought the Equipe GTS looks as good fun for a weekend of racing against similar cars... Now I don't see any Morgans in their recent result lists... Does any of you have ay experience with the group after Jim left?

Also, I don't really know what kind of weekend it is at Silverstone - anyone out here planning on going?

Jochem
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Jochem,

It is a really good series and the organisers are very welcoming.

Phil Tisdall and I race with them and my son Jonny had his first race with them in May this year on the GP circuit.

Trouble is we have a clash of dates with the CSCC and Morgan Challenge race meetings.

Phil and I like the Classic K races with the CSCC as they are usually 60 minute 2 driver races.

But you can't be in 2 or even 3 places at the same time!

Have fun!

Cheers

Mark
Jochem Kentgens

Thanks Mark!

I will enter the Silverstone event!

It is 1 October by the way.....

Would be great to see other 4 cylinder Morgans there!

Best wishes, Jochem
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Ist October is the date for the last round of the Morgan Challenge at Snetterton so probably several 4 cylinder cars will be at Snetterton. It is also the 4 hour relay on the Sunday with several Morgan teams entered. I have a place in one of my teams if you change your mind!
Jochem Kentgens

I have enterde the Equipe GTS grid for the 7 April Silverstone event. In fact I entered the pre 63 grid they have (fitstbyear of this sub series to the regular Equipe GTS grid).

I think the grid suits our Morgans well (Lotus elite, TVR, Austin Heaeleys, Triumphs etc). There are only a few places on the grid left and the equipe gts is already full (MGB, TR4 etc).

If anyone is interested, I would advise you to hurry.

FIA appendix K Morgans accepted on Dunlop L tyres.

Jochem