Grand Prix de L'Age D'Or. Dijon 19th/ 20th June

For races and drivers in mainland Europe
Catherine Emberson

Grand Prix de L'Age D'Or. Dijon 19th/ 20th June

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Just back from the Pre 63 race in Dijon this weekend. Fantastic track and amazing result for the 4 Morgans there. The final positions at the end of the hour were 1st and 2nd to two Ferraris. Third was XRX with the Kremers. The Emberson/Wykeham team was 4th in RU, a Lotus was in 5th with Malcolm Paul and Rob Wells in 6th in NNJ 465 and Mike Bell in LSK 688 ( the light blue ex Bill Wykeham car) in 6th.

Catherine
Catherine Emberson

Re: Grand Prix de L'Age D'Or. Dijon 19th/ 20th June

Sorry that should say Mike Bell in 7th.
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Well done all - very envious! Well done to Mike too. 6th or was it 7th in only his second outing in the blue car.

Cheers

Mark
and the rest of us land-locked Plus 4 racers!
Mike Bell
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Mike Bell »

Thanks Mark- Definitely 7th, 11 seconds behind :wink: Great that after an hour all 4 finished on same lap. The speed of the Plus 4s opened a few eyes- I lost count of the amount of locals reading the badge to see what the car was.....

2nd time out and first visit as driver to the lovely Dijon circuit. Pity the weather wasn't a bit nearer normal for the area- never got coat off all w'end!

Of course we all have an 'if only' story- mine was being blocked for 20secs in pitlane by SC waiting to go out after my stop :lol:

Must add that after testing LSK in May after rebuild wondered if would ever be able to enjoy racing it- the answer now is a definite YES. :D

Roll on Silverstone........
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

A number of pictures taken around the paddock at Dijon can be found at www.picasaweb.google.co.uk/calexfr
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Catherine Emberson

We don't appear in the pictures as we were in the overflow to the overflow paddock as we arrived rather late. Pity I still can't work out how to get pictures onto this site despite Chris' very clear instructions. is it because I am using a Mac rather than windows. I took some Morgan pics too but none of the race as was busy on the pit wall.

Catherine
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine,
I am sorry that you are unable to post your pictures on the forum, I know that even with Chris T's tutorial it is not all plain sailing, therefore, and I make this offer on open forum to avoid any hint of impropriety, I would be happy to pop down to Harpenden and demonstrate the method for you.
It would be no trouble as we do live fairly close to each other, and I am sure your efforts would be much admired by all.

Kindest regards,

Bob Bull.

PS; don't tell John!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards