How do I go faster

Race chatter

Re: How do I go faster

Postby SimonScott » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:39 pm

The backfire could be terrible though! :-& Be warned, Senakot will not make you drive like Senna. :lol: Whatever you do Peter, if you take Mary's SenaKot advice, do NOT go back to Zandvoort: the noise police will definitely stop you going fast there!!! [-X
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
SimonScott

Postby peter rafter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Thank you Mary for your suggestions, however indelicate. Even I can see the time related faults in your proposals. In ones’ advanced years the urge and impulses so generated are, regrettably, too frequent, not just while strapped into a 5 point harness. It is also not entirely age related. I had only to wait 2 minutes into any car journey before one or all of my tribe wanting a widdle. Given the timely and relevant warning proffered by Simon please don't be offended if I don't add your proposals to this to my growing list.
ps
I am writing this without blinking.
pps
I am also writing this slowly for those who can’t read very fast.
peter
peter rafter

Postby Mary Lindsay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Thank you Mary for your suggestions, however indelicate.

Peter I did try to couch my suggestions in language that did not offend - however one has to be practical about such matters.

please don't be offended if I don't add your proposals to this to my growing list.

I would of course have no way of ascertaining whether or not you had adopted my suggestions except perhaps by your rapid lap times.

Perhaps all you need to do is fit a longer throttle cable, although of course your modern machine may not have such ancient technology.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Postby Greg Mackie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 pm

peter rafter wrote:ps
I am writing this without blinking.

I find it impossible to read without blinking, therefore I'm afraid I've missed some of your writings. :shock:
Greg Mackie

Postby Bob Bull » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 am

I have to admire anyone who, at nearly twice my age, still has ambition to improve in any form of human endeavour, particularly one so fraught with peril as motor sport. Man's constant urge to fly higher, go faster, sink lower sums up the human spirit, and helps explain the oft expressed desire of a certain member of our community to 'go faster' himself, however, I fear for the consequences. A sudden increase in speed with the concomitant rewards, silver ware, blue boxes, regular appearances at ceremonies, might well lead to a sate of euphoria and a sense of invulnerability leading to .............................. danger.

I would urge our good friend 'Go Faster Rafter' to re-consider his position, and perhaps settle for something more in keeping with his age and ability. I recommend an assault on the North Face of the Eiger, wearing sneakers, singlet, shorts and armed with a thermos of hot cocoa and a walking stick. This I feel is more achievable than 'going faster' in a Morgan. While the ascent may be slow the descent may well prove an effective way of going faster.

Alternative roads to fame and fortune could be in running a sub 90 minute marathon, riding the Tour de France non-stop (thus saving a lot of time), or by challenging Kim Jong Un to an arm wrestling match.

Canute could not turn back the tide, Icarus could not fly too close to the Sun, why seek to do the impossible?

Professor Bob of Luton College of Cod Philosophy.
Radio Editor: No reputation too small. & General racing photos

Regards
Bob Bull

Postby peter rafter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Overcome by a deep wave of melancholy, sad and pensive I think I now understand how HAL , that iconic creation of Arthur C Clarke felt in that seminal passage when the lone survivor proceeds to deactivate the computer central core. Yes felt. The HAL 9000 was sentient. In its haunting monotone Hal pleads, it reasons, it shows remorse, sorrow, angst. Stop, will you stop, stop…… Hal feels its mind going.

How do I Go faster, Go fast, Go……
peter
peter rafter

Previous

Return to Loose torque