Joan Meredith

Race chatter
Mike Meredith

Joan Meredith

Post by Mike Meredith »

It is with much regret that I must advise that Joan Meredith passed away on Friday 4th December. She had bravely fought cancer for 12 months, but passed away peacefully.
Joan was a long standing member of the club since the late 50's when she and husband Ray competed in XOV 555. She was an active member of the club throughout and continued her interest until the last, although she did have difficulty in getting into the +8 in later years. There will be a memorial service at St Michaels Church, Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, (B60 4JT) on Thursday 14th January at 12.30pm.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Joan Meredith

Post by Mary Lindsay »

That is sad news indeed, Ray and Joan were both stalwart MSCC members and really lovely people.

They were both very active in supporting the club and Ray was a force to be reckoned with in competition.

I hope that you will keep up the Meredith Morgan tradition Mike.
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Very sad news indeed .. I am sure that Both, Mike his Family, and XOV will keep up the Meredith tradition for generations to come ..
For my part ,It was an Privelidge to have Driven XOV and to have Joan and Ray,s spirit run through you body whilst blatting around the Race track .
jack
Roger Bonsall

Post by Roger Bonsall »

I was very sad to hear of the death of Joan Meredith and would like to send my sympathy to Mike and the rest of her family. The west-country +4 racers and their wives knew her well and her death severs another link with the great ‘+4 days’ of the 1960s, when she was an ever-present part of the Meredith team at races and hill-climbs.

Roger Bonsall
Colin Musgrove

Post by Colin Musgrove »

Being away from the Morgan mainstream these days I had missed the very sad news of Joan's death. She was a wonderful lady and great stalwart of the 4/4 Club and MSCC. I first met Joan and Ray when attending the start of a 4/4 Club rally at the 'Cider Mill Garage' (deep in backwoodsmen country, ie Herefords. or Worcesters.!) back in 1963 or '64. Ray, along with Alan (AT) House, was my ultimate Morgan hero, so much so that I was too shy to speak to him at the first noggins I attended and lurked around the luminaries of the day hoping to pick up some demon tweaks! I never lost this hero-worship of Ray which Joan, of course, thought was hilarious! Even packing Miscellanys in the cottage with the trap-door to the cellar open to facilitate quick access to the fiendish home-brew and (responsibly!) tanked up on same I was still aware that I was in the presence of the Great Man and his lady. Happy days :) God Bless and Rest in Peace together Ray and Joan. It was a privilege to have known you.
Colin