Trackdriver magazine

Race chatter
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Trackdriver magazine

Post by Chris Acklam »

Dear All,

To those who haven’t moved fast enough to escape the auto populate feature in my MS Outlook, please be aware of the following magazine which is now launched for the Track market with the first issue due summer 2010.

To kick things off there is a free subscription offer for the first 25,000 participants, which sounds a lot mainly because it is a lot. However having given it much thought while staring at the living hell that is life on the WH Smiths shelves, we decided that effectively giving it away to qualified readers via targeted marketing would be the simplest way to build up to critical readership mass – and active participants with cash to spend rather than dreamers, which is what our advertisers will want.

It’s a serious credible magazine in the spirit of the old Cars and Car Conversions, with Mark Hales as a director, John Hayman (ex Evo) as launch Editor, and the likes of Simon McBeath with technical contributions. The magazine is being compiled right now.

Kicking things off with a few gentle emails and forum posts yesterday our website went down briefly under load twice with subscribers. We decided that was a nice problem to have and support from the community has been tremendous.

So if you’re /anything/ of a Track Day or Competition enthusiast get yourself over to our temporary site at http://www.trackdriver.com and sign up for your free subs.

Margins are thin in the publishing industry, (you don’t do this to get rich looking at the business plans I’ve seen, but it really did need to be done) so if you can think of anyone else who should also sign up please do forward this on.. The more the merrier.

All the very best,

Stacy

p.s I’ve also set up a Facebook page – If I’m rubbish and the link doesn’t work just search for Track Driver.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TrackDriv ... all&ref=ts
Chris
Bob Bull

Re: Trackdriver magazine

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
This looks like an April Fools Joke to me! Would anybody sound of mind genuinely launch a magazine for 'track day afficionado's'?
Should this prove to be true and not an attempt to beguile the gullible, I envisage we will soon see a copy featuring on 'Have I Got News For You', alongside such esoteric publications as the 'Barbed Wire Collector', 'Vacuum Cleaner News' etc.

Sceptical Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Bob as you mention it I dont suppose you have edition 2 of series 3 of barbed wire collector . I have searched for months .
on another subject the recent sunshine has reminded me I have to restring my tennis raquet or buy another one , any suggestions ?
Should I get my coat now?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

JERRY KNIGHT wrote:dont suppose you have edition 2 of series 3 of barbed wire collector
Jerry,
I did have one spare copy but I swapped it for a complete set of MG magazines last Novemember 5th.

I will have a rummage through my vast collection of tennis rackets and see if there is one I could spare, or you could try purchasing a copy of;

'The Used Tennis Racket Spotters Guide' an invaluable source of information on second hand bestringed implements for the projection of spherical objects across bestringed barriers.

I append a suitably blanked headline from a previous edition.

Sporting Celebrity Involved In ********** ********* Scam

Kindest possible regards,

Bob. XXXX
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards