Opportunity for Entrepreneurs - Morgan Franchise

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Opportunity for Entrepreneurs - Morgan Franchise

Post by Bob Bull »

I have been following the item in the For Sale forum and notice that a growing number of people are looking to acquire 'basket case' Morgans. It is clear from the replies posted that there is a great demand for derelict cars and a significant shortage of suitable 'barn finds'.

Where there is shortage and demand there is opportunity!

I am offering, completely free of charge an idea that can help those poor chaps looking for a wreck and to make money out of it at the same time.

THE PLAN.
Purchase a number of new or second hand cars, my friends Richard Thorne and Brian Gateson amongst others can help here, once purchased the cars should be stored in a derelict barn, preferably in some forsaken spot like the Russian Caucus, and allowed to corrode and degrade until they can be 'found' and sold at a massive profit to chaps like Mark, Robin, Eddie, Phillip etc.
A little experimental work will need to be carried out to establish the RoR factor, and on which particular models attract the best price when suitably degraded, but this should not take too long or cost too much, and once the business is well established - well one can sit back and sip Champagne for life.

While this offer is FoC, I hope that once the moolah starts rolling in that my contribution would not be forgotten or go unrewarded.

As a sideline one could also invest in a supply of appropriate 'spares' for the cars, as in time the value of such items will rocket.

Come on chaps ... go for it.

Bob
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Opportunity for Entrepreneurs - Morgan Franchise

Post by Leigh Sebba »

So that’s how you made your fortune Bob.

It also works for houses, particularly country cottages, where there is a big demand for those ‘in need of renovation’
Phil Egginton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Phil Egginton »

There are loads of old barns out here in Portugal Bob......just give me a % (as is the way here) and we can both make money :lol:
Phil Egginton
"Think very carefully… because if you ever start, you will never be able to leave it alone" — Donald Campbell CBE
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I can't believe what I am reading here!

Why do I get the impression that you chaps are not taking me seriously?

You are 'put in the way' of a golden opportunity to make a small fortune (ie; start with a big one), but what do I get?

I am afraid that your old house (houses) Leigh, your rotting Portugese barns, Phil, do not inspire much confidence in your ability to make a succcess of basket case + 4's.

Come on Mark, inject some common sense into this seam of gold I offer you.

But hurry before Jack and Mary turn this whole thing into a complete farce. You know what they are like.

Mind you Old Jack is pretty much a basket case himself, and definitely ripe for restoration .....well ripe at least.

Bob The Intrepid.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I currently have a basket case Plus 8 which I am hoping to convert into a nice barn and plan to export it to Portugal where I believe these are held in high esteem.
I suppose I could convert it into a bijou country cottage and sell it to some gullible person living near the Suffolk border......
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

I,ll have it !!

jack
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Would you like it as a barn, cottage or shed?
It currently drives more like a shed, or possibly one of those old shepherd's huts but with only 3 wheels.
Robin Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Robin Singleton »

Dear Bob

I'm afraid that experience tells me that contrarary to what you suggest, there is not a lot of money to be made out of "basket cases". Not wishing to put restorers off , might I say that the cost of parts, tubs, wheels, wings, bonnets, not to mention a decent engine rebuild to a fast spec, means that the whole exercise is hardly worthwhile, and should be left to just a few fools willing to waste money and take this activity on board.

So my advice is not to get involved in seeking out basket cases, but just to leave it to the few, Mark, Phil, my brother and myself who are desparate to get out of the house and into the garage through the winter months.

Meanwhile let me not disuade you from your new way of making it rich and investing in a clutch of new cars and hiding them away in deepest Russia ( or in some barn in the Three Counties) I shall be in touch with you again in about 2050

From one potential oligarch to another

Robin Singleton