The Season Draws to a Close

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: The Season Draws to a Close

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:This is puzzling at so many levels : how are we linked? which Chris? why a railway station buffet?
Mary,
I do miss your pithy contributions when your name is absent from the 'latest post' notifications, so I tend to insert the odd barb simply to stir you into a reply, I, of course, do not really mean much of what I say about you. Truly I see you as much of a kindred spirit, being an afficionado of 'The Goon Show', which requires a particular sense of humour to truly appreciate.

The thing that links your name with Kelvin and Chris is, if I am not mistaken is bent motor cars? This being the case it seems likely that travel arrangements for any get together would involve trains, hence the suggestion of a buffet. I hope this clarifies matters and provides food for thought (excuse the pun) with regard to a suitable venue to swap restoration stories.

You should realise by now that there is always method in my madness.

Ever yours,

Ernest Consideration.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Dear Ernest,

I am sorry that you have missed my erudite contributions, I have been enjoying the sun in balmy Cornwall.

In view of your comments, perhaps we should have a lunch for drivers of Morgan motors damaged in honourable combat. This need not be exclusively this season but could extend well into the dim and distant past. It should be a well attended event. Have you ever fallen off your bike? If so we could include you as an honorary member.

Nelly Missedit
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Have you ever fallen off your bike?
Mary,
That was a blow below the belt! How can I respond? Mendacity? Prevarication? Honesty? Let me just say that you could indeed invite me as a guest to the Buffet.

While I appreciate that most people like or need a holiday, I would have thought that time spent basking on West Country beaches, is time (and money) best expended on repairing Bulldog, surely? Are you, by any chance related to Phylis Stein? (little working out required there I'm sure).
I know I am not the only one to admire your witty and apposite contributions to BHP so do, please, find time to amuse and enthrall us with your observations on life, love, Morgans, and Jack Bellinger.

Even a brief perusal of this thread will quickly reveal the paucity of contributors to the subject and the somewhat terse style adopted by most of them. We need more meat in the content of additions to this important item on end of season activities. After all it cannot be long before some addle pated bufoon launches a 'Pantomime', and promptly leaves the country. This must not be allowed to happen, I believe that any one guilty of such an act should be ostracised and brought to book in due time and season.

TAKE UP YOUR KEYBOARD AND PREPARE FOR ACTION!!!!

Sebastien Vittles
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

There! I did warn you all!

Some ......................... has gone and started a Pantomine thread, and I can safely forecast that the person who did so will now retire to the pub and leave the continuance to a few poor deluded souls for the rest of the winter.

Sadly it is only too obvious just who will be shouldering the burden!

Ming the Merciless.
Regards