IE 9

Race chatter
Bob Bull

IE 9

Post by Bob Bull »

Since installing Internet Explorer 9 on my computer I often find when attempting to log on to BHP that I am told I have exceeded my quota of log-on attempts and I have to solve a complex puzzle before I can try again.

Sadly (for me at least) I can not answer the questions asked because 'drop and drag' will not work!!

Being a computer genius I have figured out that by using Mozilla I can solve the puzzle, as d' n'd works, however, I am wondering is it only me that Mr Big has it in for or are others similarly affected?

I mean, after all, he only has to say I am unwelcome, and I will gladly Sue the rotten swi ..........

Baffled of Luton.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: IE 9

Post by Chris Acklam »

I tried IE9 on a couple of other forums like this and it wouldn't even load them!

I put that sortable CAPTCHA (as it is called) in to stop the increasing number of spam registrations at the end of last year, and it was very effective. But as you say it looks as though it doesn't work with IE9.

I will investigate.

Thanks for letting me know.
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
It doesn't happen everytime, for instance this is IE and I logged on without problems. I use Virgin's own security software.

If I can help let me know.

Bob.
Regards
Chris Bailey

Post by Chris Bailey »

[quote]I use Virgin's own security software[/quote]

I'm no IT expert, but this sounds more like a chastity belt! Whilst it may stop many unwanted intrusions, I don't think getting a log-on is one of them

Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris Bailey wrote:I'm no IT expert, but this sounds more like a chastity belt!
Chris,
Certainly a bit of fresh thinking is always useful on such subjects, however, I would have thought that a chastity belt would come under the category of 'hardware'!
Perhaps Ma ..er.. Ka ...er Cath...... er ........................... never mind.

Chas Tittee? Does he drive a Morgan?

Actually since installing IE 9 I am experiencing reduced reaction times, sluggishness, tasks are taking longer, and I am generally slowing down.
Should I go back to my old ways?

Bob.
Regards
Chris Bailey

Post by Chris Bailey »

Bob

[quote]Actually since installing IE 9 I am experiencing reduced reaction times, sluggishness, tasks are taking longer, and I am generally slowing down.
Should I go back to my old ways?[quote]

Shsh. I'd keep it to yourself and no one will be any the wiser.

Chris
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

bob,
first principle of computing
its the complete opposite of sex-- you put the software into the hardware, whereas....
peter
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Talking of which, aren't you glad you didn't know this when you were young(er)? Or perhaps you did? (It may explain Bob's remarkable success with the ladies.)
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Chris,
Are you taking the .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... mickey?
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Moi?
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

[Image

If you were to google the name bob bull, you would come across this fine figure of a man 'Bob Bull dozer Driver'

This may explain my success withthe ladies.

No monkey tricks for me.

Could also explain the symptons disclosed earlier.

Bob Bull.
Regards
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Crikey Bob I had you mixed up with somebody totally different ! I can see now why you want to sell the tennis racket.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

JERRY KNIGHT wrote:I can see now why you want to sell the tennis racket.
Well Jerry, I just don't have the stomach for it anymore.

One positive thing. I shall be at the Pom tomorrow, so you should be able to spot me coming.

Bob the Builder
Regards