Mystery Mog

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: Mystery Mog

Post by Bob Bull »

Could the original photo have been taken at the top of Druids at Brands Hatch? It looks somewhat like it but I'm not too sure about the rather rustic fence or perhaps, straw bales. Any ideas?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
keith morris

Post by keith morris »

Think I've worked out how to download the picture of the lovely 1953 DCH mentioned in Mark Shears post - GMJ 169
Think I've worked out how to download the picture of the lovely 1953 DCH mentioned in Mark Shears post - GMJ 169
DHC.jpg (114.84 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Could the original photo have been taken at the top of Druids at Brands Hatch? It looks somewhat like it but I'm not too sure about the rather rustic fence or perhaps, straw bales. Any ideas?
I am told there were railway sleepers there, not sure about the straw bales.
Eddie Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Eddie Singleton »

Over the weekend I just happened to be reading "Morgan Sports cars, The Lawrence Tune Years 1961 - 1964". In the 1964 year section of the book, page 343 for those interested , there is a paragraph on John Maclay.
I quote from the book " At Brands Hatch the car went wide at Clearways and the back hit the bank first, followed by the front.......etc....etc".
This helps answer the question as to where on the circuit the accident happened and the photograph was taken.

Eddie Singleton.