The Private Lives of Morgan Drivers

Race chatter
Bob Bull

The Private Lives of Morgan Drivers

Post by Bob Bull »

Those who were approached at MG Live regarding information about their private life, and did not readily recall any suitable fact, are reminded that this information is required as soon as possible, and certainly by the BDC meeting in August.
For those who do not know what this requirement is let me explain;
I am compiling a dossier (dodgy variety) of things about each driver, and indeed, hangers on, that will be unknown to their fellow members of the Morgan fraternity. The information will be used to enliven the otherwise lifeless atmosphere at the annual End-of-Term Bash.
The item should be printable and suitable for polite society, and ladies.

The sort of 'secret' required will be something like; I am a member of the Ancient Order of Buffalos. I once bought a drink for Prince Charles. My father owned the first helicopter in Staffordshire. I never wear the same socks twice.

In other words nothing that will not cause embarrassment when revealed to the multitudes gathered at the ball

Please contact Bob with your contribution by PM or e.mail bob@rbma.co.uk.

I must commend Stuart Anderson who made prodigious efforts to track down my details to pass on snippets from his past.

Well done and thank you Stuart.

NOTE; IT IS IMPORTANT THAT NO ONE ELSE SHOULD BE PRIOR TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Re: The Private Lives of Morgan Drivers

Post by Bob Bull »

So far 33 drivers/officials etc., have provided an unlikely/obscure/esoteric fact about themselves, however, some are still remiss. Some claim that they cannot think of anything!! !Is life so dull ?

Don't be the Norman No Mates of the Dinner, get your name on the list, it can only embarrass you in front of several hundred fellow Morgan types, and where is the harm in that?

Answers on a pm to ......................... Me.

Joh Henry, Tim, John Mc., et al.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

A commendable silence reigns some people have no secrets or indeed a life. [-X
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, I am really good at digging out obscure facts about people - just give me their names! :twisted:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Bob, I am really good at digging out obscure facts about people - just give me their names! :twisted:
Mary I have noticed that a number of the more august members of the Challenge are AWOL as we speak (so to speak), a certain Jack, Tony, among the stalwarts of the series. I would hate to embarrass anyone who has inadvertently missed the requirement to provide details of their sordid past, however, there are also those who have signally failed to respond. Would it be invidious to public 'name and shame' such individuals on the forum, or do we 'publish and be damned'?

Your advises welcomed and you kind offer of assistance greatly appreciated, even if it would give you a head start at the dinner.

Bob Editor Public Eye magazine.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Mary wrote " Bob, I am really good at digging out obscure facts about people - just give me their names! "

Ah the ticking of the Women
Hercule Poirot
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

In certain cases, Peter, where an individual 'protesteth too much' underhand means have had to be used to gain the required 'nugget' of information. Some people may be surprised at what I know about them. Oh! By the way. Will YOU be at the dinner?'

Maigret.
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Sir Bob and Blessed Margaret If you are alluding to the fact that you are collecting spurious or even scurrilous facts about our noble and worthy pilotes then i fear that my loving daughters will provide you with a full list of my endearing and eccentricities and idiosyncracies —all of which I shall fully deny unless of course it adds considerably to my somewhat tarnished reputation.
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

peter rafter wrote:Sir Bob and Blessed Margaret If you are alluding to the fact that you are collecting spurious or even scurrilous facts about our noble and worthy pilotes then i fear that my loving daughters will provide you with a full list of my endearing and eccentricities and idiosyncracies —all of which I shall fully deny unless of course it adds considerably to my somewhat tarnished reputation.

Worry not Compo, your family have in the, vernacular, 'grassed you up' already. You may be pleased to hear that I will not use the incident involving engine oil and sheep.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

The competition seemed to go down well, and caused some amusement as the truths were revealed, so thank you all those who bared their soul for the entertainment of others.

Precisely which of each person's 'truth' was selected will never be known, and this is probably a good thing.

For those who could not make the dinner, but might care to have a crack at sorting fact from fiction I will publish the relevant document on the usual web site and post a link.

Bob.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Regards