Autosport quiz?

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Re: Autosport quiz?

Post by Bob Bull »

You have me beat Simon, while Eugenio Castellotti meets two of the criteria, I can not find a record of him having ever lead a race, although it hard to believe he never did. Other than him I might guess that it is someone from the 2015/16 seasons, and if so I could not be bothered to check it out. I await with bated breath for the denoument.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by SimonScott »

Bravo Bob - Castellotti was the missing name. =D> =D> =D>

Being a sad so-and-so, I also came up with Teo Fabi who I could remember getting a couple of poles in the turbo era and couldn't believe he hadn't led a race as well. He had - albeit for just a few seconds. During the 1986 Austrian GP on the majestic old Österreichring, Teo overtook his team mate Gerhard Berger going into the Bosch Curve, led through the corner only for the engine in his Benetton-BMW to fail allowing Berger to retake the lead on the exit of the corner. It didn't last long but Teo does deserve to be on that list... he actually secured 3 poles, 2 podiums and 2 fastest laps... but no wins!

I really ought to get out more... if only there was a race at Oulton Park in a couple of weeks... :)
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Teo was another one I considered, but once again official statistics only record leading across the line, so it makes life hard for the dedicated quizmeister.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by SimonScott »

I agree Bob. Maybe there is another "failure" out there! :)
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...