Retirement

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Retirement

Post by Bob Bull »

It may possibly have escaped the notice of the denizens of this particular site, but the current Formula 1 World Champion, Nico Rosberg, has retired from motor sport at the very height of his career, and there has been in the more exalted spheres, no rarefied is perhaps a better description, a great deal of speculation etc as to who would replace him.

This matter has now been resolved and a suitable candidate to fill the vacant seat has been appointed.

What has all of this to do with Brakehorsepower I hear you asking (don't I?), well the Aero Challenge has also had a surprise retirement of one of it's contenders, to whit the redoubtable Simon Scott.

There is now an empty seat available in the Morgan he has vacated, and we await with breath bated as to who will emerge as the new pilot of the Roadster.

Wife permitting of course.

Ian Theno.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Re: Retirement

Post by peter rafter »

It is with some regret that both Simon and Nico have chosen to exit stage left for whatever reasons. Each in their own way contributed to the wider canvass that is motorsport.
Taking the much loved and widely respected Morgan series, an inescapable fact remains that without the recent and welcome injection of young blood (witness inter alia Elliot, Henry, James , the Sumners etc) many of our participants are carrying some years even with their reputedly own teeth and hair. It will be evident that in 2017 some pilotes will be three score and ten years young and a few others approaching this milestone. (including andnNotwithstanding our representative of the paparazzi)
Ginetta have an intro.
Lotus are considering.
Think what can we do (think not what Morgan can do )
answers on a postcard

ps
A recent study found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it. oops
peter
Bob Bull

Re: Retirement

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter with the enforced 'retirement' of Bernie Ecclestone from Eff Wun, there is now an even bigger hole to fill. Might be ideal for the aforementioned Simon? :roll:

A small comfort for some of us older chaps; They say 'you are as young as the woman you feel' which, in my case knocks three years off me.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards