Dave Saunter RIP

Race chatter
Andy Garlick

Dave Saunter RIP

Post by Andy Garlick »

Guys

Apologies if this a repost but I cannot find it mentioned anywhere else here.

I know many of us who raced in the 60/70/80s will have known Dave Saunter, a Mog racer who took part in the Snetterton 24 hour races and was frequently at AngleMog meetings, who has recently succumbed to cancer.

I was informed on MogTalk by Dave Ager of his funeral at Chelsmsford Crematorium Thursday 6th April at 15.30.

I was planning to attend, is anyone else going? Should we try to go in Morgans (says he who faces 2 journeys from hell through the Blackwall or Dartford crossings to get there and back)?

Andy
Mogman
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Dave Saunter RIP

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Andy,

There are quite a few of us going from this part of the world and in Morgans where possible. I personally contacted as many people as I could who would have remembered Dave, who was of course a great friend of ours and stalwart racer and supporter. As he has not been on the Morgan scene recently I did not think that many would remember or know him. Apologies for my omission.

I should have posted on bhp I suppose but was preoccupied with helping his son Chris resolve local issues as he lives in County Durham.

I am quite sure that anyone from the Morgan world or the wider racing community who would like to come will be most welcome.

Mary
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Re: Dave Saunter RIP

Post by TonyLees »

Just seen this. Very sorry to hear it. Top bloke.