Thanking The Marshals

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Thanking The Marshals

Post by Bob Bull »

I am organising a series of Prize Draws for the marshals on duty over the weekend of the Silverstone Classic Meeting, this is with the cooperation of the Silverstone Marshals Club. The intention is to hold a free draw on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of the Ladies and Gentlemen on duty that day, thus ensuring everyone gets a chance to win something. Last year I ran a draw on the Friday evening, and gave away in excess of £500 worth of prizes, and so far I have well over that for 2017, however, this is to be spread over three days, so the question is; Can anyone help out with donations of cash, kind, services, memorabilia etc. etc.?

Every contribution will be acknowledged and credited to the donor. Currently Silverstone Circuits, Silverstone Auctions, Morgan Motor Co, and various individuals have helped out for what is a very worthy cause, most of you have so many Morgans you wouldn't miss one . surely?

Yours hopefully,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Thanking The Marshals

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, have you approached the dealers individually?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Bob, have you approached the dealers individually?

Having agreed with SMC to run the draw for the three days I am having to hunt around for prizes, as I would like to have a long a prize list as possible. I am canvassing as many potential sources as I can think of and as the Aero Challenge crowd are so nice ( =D> ) it seemed worthwhile posting here. Just think if each driver put in just £10 it would raise about £200, and would I am sure, make the series even more popular with the marshals who look after you all so well.
Are the Morgan dealers note for their generosity? Maybe I will just rattle a tin at Cadwell Park, and see what happens. Any further ideas as to potential donors would be most welcome.

The project is all my own idea, and has grown from the draws I have run on the Friday evening for some years now at the barbecue put on by some of the historic drivers. (in both senses [-X )

Bobby Boy.
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Hi Bob
I can donate a couple of prizes, how do I get them to you?
Best wishes
Barry
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Barry Sumner wrote:Hi Bob
I can donate a couple of prizes, how do I get them to you?
Best wishes
Barry

Barry I can pick them up at Cadwell if you will be there, or if someone can pick them up from you, perhaps. Can they be posted if needed?

Many thanks,

Bob.
Regards
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Hi Bob
ok will bring along to Cadwell
Best wishes
barry