Mad Cyclist

Race chatter
Catherine Emberson

Mad Cyclist

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Just to report that John Emberson has not given up on his friends in the Challenge Series. He hopes that his car will be back on track for the Bentley Drivers meeting. In the meantime, to keep his mind on sporting challenges, he is setting out this Thursday (20th) for a three day 500km cycle from London to Paris raising money for Prostate Cancer. Other road users need not be alarmed however as he will be with a group of about 400 other cyclists on roads which are subject to rolling closures for the event. So disappointed we won't be at Cadwell but hope you all have a great weekend.
peter rafter

Re: Mad Cyclist

Post by peter rafter »

500 km on a razor thin racing saddle is not going to do his prostate any good!
Wind is the true enemy of the cyclist
respect
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Other road users need not be alarmed however as he will be with a group of about 400 other cyclists
Gosh that sounds pretty alarming to me! :shock:

As Peter says - respect

Well done John!

Will our other keen cyclist Mr Bull be taking part :wink: ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary, would you have me choose between the Morgan Challenge, and 'club run'?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Catherine will John be in the break, the Peleton or the Grupetto?

One who understands,

Bob; ex Edgware Road Club, LCCA, BCCA, BCF, and Barnet Junior Safe Cycling Club.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary, would you have me choose between the Morgan Challenge, and 'club run'?
Bob, far be it from me to ever try to influence your decision making - you must follow your handlebars....
will John be in the break, the Peleton or the Grupetto?
Now I am confused, I thought the break happened in snooker, the Peleton sounds like a cross between a footballer and a skeleton and the Grupetto - well, the mind boggles. :shock:
Catherine Emberson

Post by Catherine Emberson »

Bob, sorry you won't be joining him. John's musette is all packed and ready. Of course his objective would be to win one of the jerseys on offer. (All the normal ones available except that the polka dot appears to be a red one). And he has signed up for the fastest group so he will be with the proper GC riders. They have classified him as a Grand Master too but that may have something to do with age rather than ability....... So we shall see. I am simply looking forward to welcoming him at the finish in Paris hopefully with his limbs intact. Hope too that the event is conducted with less drama and more decorum than the 1904 Tour de France that I was reading about today.

Who needs a cycling jersey when you can have a Morgan Challenge polo shirt or fleece?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

than the 1904 Tour de France that I was reading about today.
Good heavens Catherine, for a moment I wondered how that sentence was going to end. :shock:

Wish John all the best from myself. May the wind be on his back and he be in Paris before the Peleton knows he's gone. :(

Bob.

Look forward to checking the result at the BDC.
Regards