Evetham Hall 2017

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Evetham Hall 2017

Post by Bob Bull »

A few pictures from the evening, more may follow in the future.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xgnEQOVezW11wZFo1

I would like to thank the Morgan Aero Challenge for inviting me to share in the celebrations, and for the genuine friendship shown towards me, a mere hack. A lovely evening, good food, good company especially on table 9 (thank you the Sumners and Laidlaws) so difficult to recognise 'rough types' when they are all buffed up so if you were ignored it was your own fault.
Congratulations to all of the winners particularly Elliott for his second Championship, and to Andrew for his most interesting and amusing slide shows - very impressive.

Ah! But who won the 'Gilbert'? A mystery Agatha Christie could not have solved.

Kind regards to everyone from a more than grateful,

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Evetham Hall 2017

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Nice pics – you seem to have got the hang of the flash !
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh Sebba wrote:Nice pics – you seem to have got the hang of the flash !
I must admit to being inordinately chuffed with the results, as like yourself, I had never got to grips with the technique. having committed to providing a record of events I searched the internet for advice and found a very good tutorial from an American photographer, who made it easy to grasp the essentials for anyone with a pocket snapshot camera up to more sophisticated DSLR's. The pictures I posted prove that I at least understood the basics, even if I say so myself. I have agreed to write a report for MOG and have retained a number of similar images for that mag, but will add them at some time in the future. Dominic was busy with his camera so maybe we can see a further selection (of probably lesser) photos. 8-[

Leigh I will find the item I mentioned and send a link it might give you confidence to flash next year. After all they can't touch you for it. :)
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

On behalf of the absentee orphans these photographs are a welcome reiteration of the evening ensemble. Are there more to follow?
ps
was the bearded wonder present? Where was Andrea Verdi?
regards
pps
I was somewhat disappointed to note that the table wine on view did not begin with P and end in S (thats Petrus for the uninitiated)
ppps
No selfies Bob?
peter
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Great pictures Bob.

Not a glint of 'red eye' to be seen...!

Seasons greetings to you and yours and indeed to all the Morganeers.

Christmas cheers to all,

Mark