The Coming Season

Race chatter
peter rafter

The Coming Season

Post by peter rafter »

With apologies to a former Guardian of the Realm:
My loving people
We have been persuaded by some that are careful of our safety, to take heed how we commit our selves to the coming season, not for fear of treachery; but I assure you I do not desire to live to distrust my faithful and loving fans. Let tyrants fear. I have always so behaved myself that, under God, I have placed my chiefest strength and safeguard in the loyal hearts and good-will of my fellow drivers and therefore I am come amongst you, as you see, at this time, not just or my recreation and disport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the racing, to drive amongst you all; to lay down my honour and my blood, even in the dust.
I know I have the body of a weak, feeble pilota da corsa; but I have the heart and stomach of un piloto de carreras, and of un pilote de course too, and think foul scorn that Prussia, or any prince of Europe, or Brazil should dare to invade the borders our hallowed circuits ; to which rather than any dishonour shall grow by me, I myself will take up arms, I myself will be your general, judge, and applaud every one of your virtues in the field.
ps
I wish all well for the coming season racing. Now bow our heads in silent prayer for a clean race, no biting, kicking, scratching, arm twisting or eye gouging.
peter
gregparnell

Re: The Coming Season

Post by gregparnell »

Que ?
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

:-k Just what I thought....
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Deranged, unhinged, a few pages stuck together?

The only thing going faster appears to be his sanity.

Let's have more Peter, your forum needs you, to enliven these turgid pages, and stir in to action the dullards, who abound amongst the faithful.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Hopefully less blood than fun
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

Sir Peter

Said like the Englishman and gentleman that you are.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Kelvin Laidlaw wrote:Sir Peter

Said like the Englishman and gentleman that you are.
Kelvin I believe the gallant Sir Peter is actually from Sheffield, thus does not qualify as 'English' Gadzooks!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards