Sad News.

Race chatter
Bob Bull

Sad News.

Post by Bob Bull »

I have copied this from another forum;

Tragic news for the Morgan community. Bill Fink, US importer and total enthusiast for the marque, has died in a house fire. A huge loss, and sincere condolences to his family and friends.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...y-15045765.php

Among significant Morgans Bill owned at some point was the red SLR, which I’ve had the privilege to race many times with it’s current owner. Avatar changed in tribute, and found a lovely period 5 minute film of him racing the car....

https://www.morgancars-usa.com/video
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Sad News.

Post by Mary Lindsay »

That is very sad news indeed.
Bill also owned the prototype Plus 8 and brought it over for the 50th anniversary celebrations.
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Yes, very sad and shocking news!

I've just had this from one of my Morgan customers in California : -

" And for the sad news. Bill and friends had returned home from the annual NorCal Morgan Club Oyster Rally on Sunday evening last. Apparently, according to local reports, there was a seldom used heater that sparked a fire. Family and guests made it out but Bill, as customary, was apparently making a stand against the blaze and got caught up the smoke and chaos and didn’t make it out.

A devastating loss, at least he had a wonderful day at the rally driving one of his Plus 8 Plus chevy V8 conversion cars... "

Tim Ayres.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Very sad.

I visited his premises which were on the Pier in San Francisco when the SLR was there.

As many of the comments and obituaries say, he did a lot to maintain Morgan exports to USA (by getting around the safety and emission rules) and this helped to continue the success of the MMC