Coro

Race chatter
Phill Thomas
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Coro

Post by Phill Thomas »

"Thereafter, some considerable expense in a stress related ECG (Bruce protocol)"

At least you know you're fit enough to run to the pub, when it reopens.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

You might all like to brush up on ways to avoid the time worn process of sitting in the kitchen draped in a moth eaten tea towel or remnants of a table cloth with Mothers best cooking pot planted firmly however obliquely on one’s bonce while having one’s golden locks hacked away with blunt scissors or carpet shears. Yes it did happen in the not so distant past and not just for effect in Ealing Comedies. Why now I hear you ask? Well, with the closure of gentleman’s hairdressers for what could be many months yet, and without recourse to desperate measure the vast majority of the male gender could well be sporting all shades of mullets and birds nests (Wild men of Borneo springs to mind). In no time at at all Jack,Leigh, Tony, Greg, Phil, Brett amongst others could be parading in full view with pony tails, some perhaps even braided in the manner of certain high profile footballers It doesn’t bear thinking about, Mary. Those follicly challenged, those with manifestly ill fitting and strange coloured hair pieces, those who resort to carefully arranging whispy strands across a burgeoning dome, those who once favoured the Kojack style cannot escape . Apparently Hair grows at an average rate of up to an inch per month,
What to do in Times such as these?
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Find a trustworthy family member, issue them with a pair of scissors and hope. :wink:
Buy an Alice band. :shock:
Cover up the mirrors :oops:
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Welcome back, Rafterwriter. I may have a solution to your quandary. This has been sent to me today by an American friend, and you may find several hairstyles and sartorial elegance to fit the bill. Watch for as long as you can bear.
Andrew

https://youtu.be/-Ue5F57dZMU
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Glad someone has revived the cultural chat. I see my name mentioned but in recent years I don’t get much money’s worth from a barber. I recall the footballer Jack Charlton used to comb a few strands across the top
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Thank you Venerable Andrew.. A wonderful refrain which surpasses the original, and a masterful demolition which, for many, went sadly unheeded. From one perspective the present colourful incumbent has certainly shaken the political tree and provide countless magic moments not to be missed and hopefully to be repeated.. It has been said that his tweets reflect the true person His speeches on the other hand are written for him (some of which he actually delivers as per the prompt).
Mr Mclean himself sported a number of noteworthy hairstyles particularly late in his career In many melancholic moods I was taken by what I think was his best composition “And I love You So? which was covered by many artistes including a stunning version by Elvis.
Welcome back.
ps
I was taken aback the other morning as I sipped a very fine Montrachet to espy a lycra clad gentleman jogging along the street. I shouted if he was being chased or so but it appears he as just exercising. Incredible as it was only 7 o’ clock in the morning
peter
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Peter – I see your 2 metre racing rule is now ‘official’ – This is part of a posting copied from ten tenths website – ‘historic racing today’ if you want to read it all

‘’UPDATED – COVID-19

MUK introduces 2 metre rule

The governing body of motor racing in the UK, Motorsport UK, has confirmed the addition to the Blue Book regulations 2020 (Q) Circuit Racing a new paragraph 14.4.6 as follows

“No car shall be driven within 2 metres of another car, including when overtaking.”

This is to ensure the minimal spread of the Covid-19 virus as required by the UK Government’s guidance, it having been shown that there is no proof that race cars can neither contract nor spread the Covid-19 virus between each other or to humans.
gregparnell

Post by gregparnell »

Hi Peter - I'm hoping to do a good impression of Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hi Peter - I'm hoping to do a good impression of Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
If you sound like him then that would be great! =D>
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

I'm sure you have been there, Peter, but with hair that long perhaps Ivana could land at Finningley?

Andrew
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

You see many years ago I invested a sum of money in a hair cutting class for my lovely wife, Judith, this has paid handsome dividends over the years, and now, of course, still finds some small use on an annual basis. The foregoing may explain my appearance at certain events and functions.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

In the late 1950’s a man visits the Barbers and asks for “Tony Curtis, a style made popular by a Hollywood film star of that name and era. He falls asleep in the chair and on awakening he is startled to see in the mirror that he is completely bald. Alarmed, he challenges the barber that this is not a Tony Curtis. The Barber replies that without doubt that that is what he has now. He claims that on several occasions he saw Tony Curtis at the local Picture House in “The King and I”
ps
sometimes the old ones are not the best.
pps
If you have French friends or relatives do not attempt Les Bises.
pps
Quoid Neuf on the motorsport front? Will there be any this tear? I would not miss F1 at all, but did enjoy WEC, and had hoped to combine Spa and Le Mans Classic. I note that the 24 hr Le Mans has been postponed to September.
peter
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Oh No. You're doomed, Peter.
Air Force One has just been seen landing at Finningley. Only a tall blonde woman was seen to be emerging with a big box with 'Used Wigs' written on the side.

Footage here :-

https://youtu.be/Larlotxw14A

Have a lovely weekend
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I find it quite surprising what some of the drivers have been up to, since the Challenge was banned. I found this on the internet, can't imagine where it came from. :lol:

https://www.jibjab.com/view/make/chicke ... ce=cordial
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Well we like to keep fit Bob.
Like the Grand National I await to see your virtual Morgan race