Coro

Race chatter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Coro

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I think bhp is on GMT so it was actually 6.32am.
We have to get up early to give our diabetic dog his insulin with breakfast at 7am!
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Mary Lindsay wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:31 pm I think bhp is on GMT so it was actually 6.32am.
Ah that would be the fault of that Aklam chappy , just because he lives in foreign parts !
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I think that Acklam chappy would be very glad to relinquish responsibility for bhp but although I have had one or two volunteers no one has yet taken it on!
Any takers?
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

As hardly anyone uses it I think it should be allowed a peaceful demise.
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

To get back to the subject, if anyone wants to go racing in July then look at this

https://www.motorsportuk.org/restart/
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

As hardly anyone uses it I think it should be allowed a peaceful demise.
Or we should encourage people to use it more. Other clubs have lively forums with useful exchanges of ideas and information.
Facebook and Instagram are no substitute for a discussion thread on a forum.
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Leigh Sebba wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm As hardly anyone uses it I think it should be allowed a peaceful demise.
I think the viewing figures say different Leigh . Personally email and Bhp are my main contacts with the series ! I dont do Instagram and I dont think I have seen anything on facebook for sometime .
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

The problem with Facebook is that is is ephemeral and to locate a topic you have to scroll a long way down sometimes.

Threads on a forum are organised into topics so it is much easier to locate a specific topic.

I think we should encourage people to use it rather than lose it.
JERRY KNIGHT

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

Mary Lindsay wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:05 am I think we should encourage people to use it rather than lose it.
Quite right Mary . Plus the race series Topics are restricted access so much safer to discus tricky items !
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

the problem with international events is that there my be too many foreigners taking part.
Re the F! Silverstone double header--with the proposed quarantine regulations how will they apply to these events and moreover how will they police those pesky italians in adhering to self isolation? If Motorsport UK think that HMG should grant exemptions to the F! teams I will protest on behalf of the unemployed gigolos and alcofrolics.
sorry Simon
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

how to beat the lockdown.
It helps to have (influential) friends.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nFTMtX5n_A
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

MSV are showing empathy with OZ and the lockdown in Melbourne and have excluded the Melbourne loop from this coming weekends race at Donington.
Pity, it added to what is still a fine track. So must remember my panic breaking point on the Dunlop straight to make the Fogarty esses.
The Loop will be the assembly area as usual.
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Until a reliable vaccine becomes available Ministers, the HSE and Scientists are extolling the virtue of their extensive testing program which is steadily rolling out amongst the London Metropolis and will at some stage be extended even beyond the North Circular. However, amongst the confusion over the rate, scale and type of infections (asymptomatic, mild, moderate, severe or critical) It would appear that there have been too many false positive tests. This raises the question of whether we can trust both the procedure and results.. One solution is to test yourself. How so, I hear you ask? Well, just take a large glass of wine (the good stuff not the cooking variety ) and if you can smell it you probably don’t have Coro. But just to be sure take a big glug and if you can taste it it then you probably don’t have Coro. All reliable agencies say “keep testing” and the more so then the safer all will be.. Ergo test yourself every night. If you run out of decent plonk, then a fine cognac, calvados or as a last resort beer or lager will suffice.
I tested myself multiple times last night while watching an absorbing series on pre war racing cars etc. However, when I woke up this morning I didn’t feel that great, my brain hurt and i was in a cold sweat. Immediately I began to think I was coming down with the virus (not the one you can catch from your computer) . So I have been testing regularly throughout the day. Hic. i can shtill taste and shmell the wine sho i probably don’t have it. Hic.
Sho if you can shmell and taste and do sho over plenty of tests you are probably OK.
Stay vigilant.
There is no need to express your gratitude.
peter
gregparnell

Post by gregparnell »

😂😂😂
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Sage advice Doctor Peter, will coffee work in the same way, may I ask, as one who does not imbibe alcohol?

Worried of Luton.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards