Brakehorsepower forum

Race chatter
simon king

Re: Brakehorsepower forum

Post by simon king »

I hope BHP continues - it really should, for the reasons others have already stated. BHP has been a great reference and place for discussion over the years. At least today I can say I am a [small] contributor rather than more frequently simply a browser.

Simon
Mike Meredith

Post by Mike Meredith »

Hello Mary and all the other Racers out there.
I am one of the silent many, but mainly because I don't do the circuits. As some may be aware I have been competing in hillclimbs and sprints for many years. I am a regular viewer of the site and it would be a great shame if it stopped. Seeing this as an invite, I may start posting.

I do wonder where morgan competitors (race & speed) exchange information/sales as this site doesn't seem as active as I am sure the competitors are. Is there another "secret" forum / Facebook page where you exchange information and sell bits to each other?

A couple of thoughts about the site:
You have a 4 cylinder area, but not one for 6 & 8 - worth adding?
To widen appeal, how about inviting the speed community, and creating a tab for them?
I may post a question on How Do I? asking about what is required to start circuit racing as the last post was Oct 2018.

I hope Donnington goes well, I'm out at Shelsley (hopefully) on the 25th July.

Regards
Mike
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Mike, welcome to the General section
there is of course a separate specific Speed Series Tab on the Private section of the Forum
peter
Mike Meredith

Post by Mike Meredith »

Hi Peter, thanks for that, I found it after I'd posted! :)
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

This is an excellent forum for learned and erudite debates. It allows more in depth discussion than Facebook. It would be good if were to be used more by competitors. Long may it continue.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Gentlemen, your comments are all very welcome and very positive. I think it would keep the forum alive if more people posted now and then just to keep it current and relevant so that others are not shy about posting.

I am very hopeful that I now have an excellent candidate to take it on from Chris Acklam who has so kindly continued to administer it despite no longer having a Morgan.

Any suggestions about the format and topics are very welcome.

The point that Mike Meredith makes about the Speed series is valid because although there is a private section for speed members I am sure there is a wider community who would enjoy the opportunity to discuss and comment more general issues.
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Ladies & Gentlemen,

I agree with Mary for 100%. If we all do a little bit more the BHP website will give us all a lot of pleasure. On top of that I know that my friend Andy Downes has a good idea, but's up to him to launch it!

Take care,

Machiel.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Surely the request for information about the Willhire is an ideal opportunity for an interesting and informative discussion for the anoraks to display their expertise?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Andy Downes »

Mary Lindsay wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 pm I am very hopeful that I now have an excellent candidate to take it on from Chris Acklam who has so kindly continued to administer it despite no longer having a Morgan.
Well it seems the candidate to take it on - is me !

Chris Acklam has been very helpful, and even more patient, in getting me off the mark - Thank You Chris.

If you have a proper look at the forums you'll see I'm making a few additions to the board - in particular a new forum for 'Older Morgans & the MHR'.

With advice from Mary there are some more changes in the pipeline and hopefully we can breathe some new life into the forums on this board.

We're listening to your suggestions so if you have something more to say please speak up !

Have Fun 8-) 8-) 8-)
Andy
'Skipper'
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear All and especially Andy: What a fantastic news. Andy, wish you a lot of success.

Machiel.
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Quite agree!

Well volunteered Andy.

Cheers

Mark
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hear Hear! =D> =D>

I am confident that Andy will be an excellent custodian of a great forum set up by Chris Acklam.

The best support you can all give him is by regularly posting and contributing.
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

Mary Lindsay wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 pm Hear Hear! =D> =D>

I am confident that Andy will be an excellent custodian of a great forum set up by Chris Acklam.

The best support you can all give him is by regularly posting and contributing.
=D>
Barry Sumner

Post by Barry Sumner »

Have just picked up that Andy has now volunteered - brilliant
Must try and find time to post things

Barry
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

This is indeed great news. Chris has done so much for the Morgan community despite in recent years living in France and not having a Morgan any more. It was great to see him at Pau a couple of years ago. Thank you Chris.

Andy should be a great successor and I am sure will maintain high standards in the future.

This is such a great forum.

Kelvin