Fathers & Sons

Race chatter
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Fathers & Sons

Post by John Clarke »

How good was that with Richard on pole and William lined up next to him on the front row in their +8s.
In the race, William took the lead and the chequered flag with Richard a clear 2nd.
Superb. =D>

I cannot come close with my highlight being the final of a table tennis competition and meeting my son, Jonathan glaring at me from the opposite end of the table. You've guessed it, Jonathan didn't just beat me but thrashed me!! How humiliating! :roll:

So how many other father and sons have had a special result? Can the Bryants, Bellingers and Sumners compete? What about the Taylersons? Are there others?

cheers
john
8-)
peter rafter

Re: Fathers & Sons

Post by peter rafter »

others? Why only fathers and sons?
There be Spouses, Fathesr and Sons, Father and Daughters, Siblings,
From memory (albeit fading):
Spouses—Goddard (Philip and Sharlie), Sherry (Simon and Kath), Bailey (Chris and Michelle), Lindsay (Mary & John)
Fathers and Sons —Patterson (Russell and Elliot), House (Alan and Dominic), Sumner (Barry, James and Ian), Laidlaw (Kelvin and Alex), Plant (Richard and Will) Bellinger (Jack and Billy), Sargeant (Peter and Will), Bryant (Grahame and Olly), Carter ( Richard and James) Pearce (Tim and Robin) Shears (Mark & son)
Fathers and Daughters—Sebba (Leigh and Tamsin), Thorne (Richard and Helen)
Siblings—Sumner (James and Ian)
a proper fambly
who have we missed out?
did Mary finally convince her son?
regards
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

did Mary finally convince her son?
No, not yet.

His main interest is target rifle shooting and that is expensive enough! :shock:
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

missed Pratt and Richards
any others?
Mary. Bisley??
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

is this restricted to Racing?
Baines senior and Junior in sprints and Hill climbs.
Mountain?
Bob there is an article for MOG here.
ps
I featured hopelessly in the Fathers and sons School cricket match many years ago to the eternal shame of my progeny who never fails to remind all and sundry at reunions.
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Mary. Bisley??
Yes, often. Has shot for team GB.
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Bill and Howard Lancashire who race the ex Rick Lloyd, Phil Hollins, Philip Goddard black class A car in CSCC future classics.
They won at the Thruxton a few weeks ago =D>
RICHARD PLANT
Morgan Class E

Post by RICHARD PLANT »

Thanks for the posts John and trust all is good in Oz. We are extremely lucky to be able to do this although I’m not sure Mandy Is that keen on us being in the same race in two separate cars although two driver races in LEO in the CSCC swinging 60’s are fine by her….. 8-[
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Thanks Richard
Bill and Howard Lancashire who race the ex Rick Lloyd, Phil Hollins, Philip Goddard black class A car in CSCC future classics.
They won at the Thruxton a few weeks ago
Your great achievement was racing in separate Morgans against each other and getting a 1-2 in qualifying and the race. Looking at the previous posts I can think of fathers and sons sharing a car but it doesn't come close to your and Wills result.

Truly remarkable

cheers

john
8-)
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Here is the secret to Mr Plant’s success. At Donington, Redgate, some years ago You all know that Redgate is the slowest corner at Donington Park and actually has an angle of more than 90-degrees. it is important as it has a relatively long, flat out section after it. My head was full of the circuit guide on approach lines, braking, turn in, apex and exit points. From nowhere Richard swept imperiously by on the inside and disappeeeared. Later I asked him how he took that corner so quickly.
His reply:
“ I just chuck in in”

Ps
On this day in 1923, 33 cars took part in the first 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race, over a 10.7 mile course created in the streets of Le Mans, northwestern France; i
peter
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

I just chuck it in
peter
SimonScott

Post by SimonScott »

Nearest to Richard and Will's Silverstone achievement in separate cars that I can think of on the international stage would probably be the Andretti 1-2-3 in the 1991 Milwaukee Indycar race. Son Michael 1st, father Mario 3rd and John (nephew to Mario and Cousin to Michael) 2nd... =D>
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I recall three generations of Morleys were in the same Bentley race at Silverstone a few years ago.

I must diarise that for ten years time :)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I won the dad's race at my daughters school sports day, i got the bottle of Worcester sauce.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Matt And Doug Taylorson