morgans at Goodwood

Race chatter
larry emrick
Anti spam question: MSA

morgans at Goodwood

Post by larry emrick »

Hi All:
I am wondering (from Canada) why i don't see many, if any, Morgans in videos from the showcase Goodwood events. Are they there and just do'n't get videoed or not there at all?
Thanks, Larry Emrick
'63 Plus Four
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: morgans at Goodwood

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Morgans have competed many times at the Revival and also at the more recently introduced Members Meeting.
The TR Morgans have finished on podium.
One would have to look for the races where they are podium finishers and then find the video of that race.
Pre war Morgans have also raced but aren’t front runners.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

2021 Revival non racing although Oliver Bryant was in a lotus and is a regular sometimes with Pater.
From memory
2018 Members Meeting, a trio of SLRs ( Keith Ahlers, Simon Orebi Gann, John Emberson) and also John in a plus 4 super sports. Also 2 3wheeler super Aero sports ( Sue Derbyshire and Iain Stewart) both regulars.
2019 Revival Simon Gurney in a plus 4 aupersports
2020 Members Meeting Keith Simon John but additionally Mark Shears, Simon Gurney and Sam Spindlow in Plus 4s super sports Not forgetting Tony Lees in his Viper ( did Tony also enter the GN of late?)
I have faint memory of a dark blue Plus 4 (Paul?)
Mark , Richard Plant and Leigh Sebba will have more detail of prior years.
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

The races are not the same every year, the main events are always there, TT, Richmond, Glover & Trophies and St Mary's, but other races will vary as to what class/type are catered for. I was not present but cannot recall seeing a race that Morgans may have been eligible for this year.

I have many pictures of Morgans competing in previous years if you are interested.

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

You are right Bob - there were no Morgans racing at the Goodwood Revival this year - but several Morgan racers driving other cars!

However we expect there to be at least one Morgan Plus 4 racing at the Members Meeting in October...

Cheers,

Mark
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

At this years Members Meeting, no Morgans alas, but several racers, with strong showings , Olly Bryant, Billy Bellinger and the lovely Sharlie Goddard who also bagged a TV clip. Did Malcolm Paul race?
Sharlie was in a Sunbeam Rapier. I expect to see her in a Ford Capri next.
peter