Series 1 electric fuel pump

Series I talk - racing or otherwise

Moderator: John Clarke

geoff pratten
Anti spam question: MSA

Series 1 electric fuel pump

Post by geoff pratten »

Hi could anyone enlighten me as to which SU electric fuel pump is needed for a 1947 series 1 4-4.
Thanks,
GP
Arthur Langell

Re: Series 1 electric fuel pump

Post by Arthur Langell »

https://sucarb.co.uk/
I would suggest contact with SU directly as a relatable sourch of info Good luck Art
Arthur Langell

Post by Arthur Langell »

According to my copy of "The Morgan Four Wheeler Workshop Manual", I believe your 4/4 should be fitted with the Special Standard 10 O.H.V. engine, as the Coventry Climax was discontinued just before the war, the Ford 100E, a 1172 cc side valve engine, which was introduced in 1955 with the 4/4 Series II, also fitted in the 1953-1959 Perfect and Anglia and the Popular introduced in 1959. I doubt an electric fuel pump was standard, I would again suggest you determine that you have the proper engine fitted in the car, and contact SU for their suggestion Best of luck Art
geoff pratten

Post by geoff pratten »

Hi Arthur,
Thank you for the information.
The car has at some time, previous to my ownership, been fitted with the Ford 100e side valve engine from the later series II.
I have the original Standard engine but in pieces.
I have contacted SU and they have advised me on a suitable fuel pump.
Thanks,
GP
Arthur Langell

Post by Arthur Langell »

Glad to know you'll most likely be on the road in the near future. My first Morgan was a 1957 4/4 with the ford flat head it was fitted with an Aquaplane aluminum head and a duel carb aquaplane intake manifold which I purchased Sept. or Oct. 1966. It had 16inch tire which to replace I went to the local Harley Davidson dealer, it was a very sweet car unfortunately in Dec 1966 I fell in love with a 1963 +4 Super Sport (5212) that had been a SCCA racer with 8,200 miles on the odometer, it now has 52,200? and about to get its correct proper engine reinstalled. I'm In south Georgia USA. the Ford Flat head is a good engine, and I believe parts are available. Send a photo of the 4/4 some if you can. glad to be of some assistance. Good luck and best wishes Art