Serie I register

Series I talk - racing or otherwise

Moderator: John Clarke

machiel kalf

Serie I register

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Morgan friends,

There is a rumour that Serie I owners like to start with a special Serie I Register or Group? I was wondering: Why not starting a Morgan Classic Group in The UK? As part of the MSCC ofcourse!
A "Classic Group" for Morgans built till 1968 on.

Look forward to some response!

Best regards,

Machiel Kalf
Holland.
Eddie Singleton
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Serie I register

Post by Eddie Singleton »

Good evening Machiel,
I note your suggestion about a Morgan Classic Group, particularly for cars built to 1968. I assume you mean a form of Register for specific models.
There are of course Registers for "Le Mans 62", "Aero 8" and "Centenary Roadster 100" cars albeit these are models later than your stated date of 1968.

Approximately 2 years ago, I did make a suggestion for a "TR engine +4" Register, which was considered by MSCC. The Register, covering +4 models from 1954 to 1969, would require a website and not having the expertise to create one, requested some financial assistance from MSCC to do that work. MSCC determined they were not able to commit funds, a decision which I acknowledged, and my suggestion came to nothing.

If there is someone able to write and operate the website etc at their own cost, I still believe it could be made to be interesting and informative....with MSCC support of course.

Thought you might be interested in what I had tried to do. Incidentally I have several +4's from that era.

Best Regards,

Eddie Singleton.
Lancashire, England.
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Eddie,

Thanks for your response. I didn't know about your initiative. Your idea comes close to what I have in mind. In cooperation with Andy Downes we created a website with another subject: Lawrence Tune, Chris Lawrence etc. That has everything to do with my personal archive about this. I hope to start with making copies of "everything" and put that on the website. The point is that people who are interested can have a look.
The new book The Lawrence Tune years is interesting. Especially for owners of real Super Sports and owners of a +4 with a Lawrence Tune engine. What a difference that makes.

We can have a long "discussion" on this website/ forum, but with some luck we can speak to each other on Saturday during the +4 lunch. We come specially from Holland to be there.
Do you come as well?

My private Email address is: machielkalf@ziggo.nl

Mobile phone: 00 31 6 41776237.
Eddie Singleton

Hello Machiel,
I am not be attending the lunch meeting this Saturday. I am not a member of the racing fraternity but do go to as many race meetings etc as I can, to spectate, when the Morgans are racing.
Hope you have an enjoyable weekend.
Best regards,
Eddie.
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Hallo Eddie,

Well, I am a spectator as well. I never have doneany racing!! But, there is a lot going on in the +4 world. So, please, come to that lunch. We need people with the right +4 spirit!

Best regards,

Machiel.
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

I agree with Machiel!

You know you and your brother Robin don't need an invite.

I know it is a long way for both of you - but not as far as Machiel is coming!

It will be good to see you again - and a change from at a racing circuit!

Cheers

Mark
Eddie Singleton

Good evening Machiel and Mark,
Kind words both and thank you. Family birthday lunch takes priority on Saturday, yes and I am cooking !!!!
As for my brother, well he and Sarah are slumming it in Cape Town for the next few weeks........it's a hard life for some !!!!
All the best and enjoy Saturday.
Eddie.

P.S.
Roll on the racing season.
Robin Singleton

Post by Robin Singleton »

Dear Brother

Well yes, just trying to find somewhere a little peaceful and quiet to read a certain book recently acquired from Melvyn!

Also doing essential research into location of any basket cases down here, but it's a little bit warm (30C) for anything too strenuous.

Best wishes to all at the lunch, and thanks for your kind words Mark!

Robin & Sarah

PS must go to pharmacy...just run out of sun tan lotion!
machiel kalf

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Eddie,

A famous English person, Winston Churchill said: Never give up! So, why not comming to the dinner & dance? If you don't like it, maybe the spare fair on Sunday morning, (after the dinner & dance) is a good option to have a chat about this "special" subject.

Look forward to your reply,

Machiel.
PS. Mark: Thanks for your support
Eddie Singleton

Morning Machiel,
As mentioned, otherwise engaged this weekend, but thank you. As regards a Register, be interested to hear others views on whether it would have support. There is of course the "GoMog" website on which many many people/ owners have registered brief details of cars, all models.
Best wishes,
Eddie.
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

+4 discussions have been relocated to the appropriate section.

Cheers

John