5 Nov Silverstone

Races, track days, testing ...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

5 Nov Silverstone

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob - I trust you will be there and can give us a report as to how Sharlie Goddard gets on in the only Morgan in the Ladies Allcomers Closed Wheel Race
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: 5 Nov Silverstone

Post by SimonScott »

I will be there - expecting fireworks!!! :lol:
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Sadly I shall not be there as I will be taking the Astra on the London to Brighton Run :^o

In truth Old Faithful has gone to the great scrap heap in the sky and it's replacement not yet ready for combat. I will have to hope some other of Tripos Media will attending.

Either way Go! Sharlie!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
SimonScott

Post by SimonScott »

Looking at the entry lists, there is Morgan interest in the HSCC Closed Wheel Allcomers Race as well:
Florence Walker - Morgan Plus 4
Bruce Stapleton - Morgan Plus 8
Robert Bull - Vauxhall Astra Turbo Special
Maybe not the last one... :^o
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Bruce Stapleton we know.

Robert Bull we know.

But Florence Walker has just passed her Ards Test and is having her first race.

And in what better car than the ex: Jeff Stow/John MacDonald YSK 899 Plus Four sold recently at Bonhams to Sam Thomas.

Go girl...!

Cheers

Mark
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

I'll be there on Sunday too- looking good weatehr wise- cold but dry,

:OO: :OO: :OO:
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Bob - can't you dust down your penny farthing ?
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Sir Bob,
Condolences on the sad departure of your *Old Faithful”, although its demise by all accounts was not unexpected and probably long overdue. I do hope you mean your trusted steed, your jewel in the Vauxhall crown and not some loyal and faithful canine or feline retainer. I did catch sight of such a vehicle exhibiting all the signs of multiple Botox injections and numerous body filler applictaions making a risibly noisome exit from Snetterton in a noticeable cloud of smoke (usually a sign of want of attention). Notwithstanding the ever helpful and sagacious advice from you ardent admirer (aka Leigh) I doubt that you are able in your advance years fully able to get your leg over a penny farthing, or indeed … ). In any event have you considered crowd funding to seek a suitable replacement—apparently the entry level is set refreshingly low.
However, with true sanctimoniousness and teutonic schadenfreude I cannot resist drawing your attention to a recent unrequited offer, obviously made in a alcoholic fug, of a swap for a historic tennis racquet (brakehorsepower, that forum for the bewildered and confused—for sale or wanted).
regards
ps my own steed has some 300km on the odometer
pps
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana
peter
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Peter, I am disappointed that you measure your progress in these scurrilous metric units. [-X
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:
Peter, I am disappointed that you measure your progress in these scurrilous metric units. [-X
Mary, surely you have realised that everything about Baron Rafter of Sheffield is ODD.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Correction, should have been 300k km.
Blessed Mary, did not a noted brexit campaigner lament woefully “will no-one rid me of these scurrilous metric units?“
ps
Am I to take ODD as a compliment? Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
peter
SimonScott

Post by SimonScott »

Quick report on Saturday Morgan action at Silverstone from Woodcote grandstand...
The Florence Walker plus 4 was listed in computer screens as being driven by Sam Thomas from the start. A steady drive at the back seemed to end on lap5 when the car pulled into the pits with smoke coming from the right rear down the Wellington Straight. Happily the car reappeared with Florence being shown on the timing screens as the driver - did they really do a driver change? The car seemed to be missing right rear bodywork after the stop so maybe smoke was a tyre rubbing? Florence finished 18th, 6 laps down on the winner.
Bruce Stapleton finished 15th.
Apologies if my report lacks insider information! Maybe Florence or Sam can enlighten us...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Looked at results. Sharlie started 6th and finished 6th on scratch. Lapping at 1:10 but in same class as winner who did 1:01.
No sign of the 'sealed handicap' results
Florence +4 in the race but DNF
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Florence got hit by a Lotus Cortina on Saturday which dented the wing . Oil on track on Sunday , Florence listed as DNC not DNF?
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!