Donington

Races, track days, testing ...
peter rafter

Donington

Post by peter rafter »

Although I am in the listings of entries for the Donington weekend, regretfully I have had to scratch. I have recently received a new total hip replacement. As a consequence I had initially spotted an opportunity, not for praise or sympathy, but unbeknown to all to gain precious few seconds in a flying lap. I know you will all rejoice at its utter deviousness, nay cunning. I can vouch for its innovative approach as it surfaced in the post analgesic haze and slow and painful recuperation following my appointment with the local Sawbones. The new hip is apparently of some exorbitantly expensive super metal compound,. Hence it occurred to me that if I were to furtively and secretly attach a strong magnet to the rear of Dr. Thomas’ car without his knowledge naturally, then and in accordance with the law of Fisics (see earlier oostings) I would enjoy a super tow all along the Wheatcroft straight and through the Craner Curves and on and o and on. Devillishly clever, No? I can’t think why Mr. Newey had not thought of this.

Alas, the Medicos, glorying in their intransigence have ruled me out of such activities for an as yet unknown period.

Therefore I wish alll combatants good fortune and better weather for the weekend.

ps
My children, as expected, have rallied round with offers of bedpans, barely concealable DNR notices, and plaintive offers of a safer place for my last will and testament.
peter
Philip Tisdall

Re: Donington

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Peter
Speedy recovery, :) Hopefully we may see you at Silverstone
Philip
Andrew Potter

Post by Andrew Potter »

Ah- good news. Will you now be able to use the second half of your throttle travel without pain? I gather that those who have had the operation have had a renewed acceleration for life.
I, too, wish you a speedy recovery, Peter.
Andrew
gregparnell

Post by gregparnell »

Peter,
I'm looking forward to seeing you up and running soon !
Best wishes
Greg
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Peter, I trust the new hip was drilled for lightness?

We look forward to seeing you at BDC Silverstone, meanwhile keep taking the WD40...

Best wishes,

Mary
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by SimonScott »

Wishing you a speedy recovery and an even speedier right foot very soon!!! :OO:
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter. Re the last Will and Testament don't forget the local scrap metal merchant when disposing of your remains.

Oh! I should mention … I hope most sincerely that Mr Steptoe has a long wait before collecting his inheritance. Meantime I wish you a SPEEDY recovery. ie, you are speedier once recovered.

Do grace us with your presence at the forthcoming meet at Silverstone, I might even lend you my copy of Chan Romero's hit record, 'The Hippy, hippy Shake' no doubt you remember it well.

Kindest regards,
Foggy.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

You were missed!
Hope you get get well soon Peter.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Thank you all for your kind comments. My cup runneth over. The return to my rightful starring role on the grid is merely my charm ,wit and silver tongue versus medical orthodoxy. Presently its a bit like peeing into the wind.
In any event I rely on you all to uphold the fine standards of racing and camaraderie at Silverstone.
ps
must stay close to the telephone in case someone important rings
peter
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Peter
don't forget the exercises
you will need to both buttocks
so you will be able to be as fast on left and right handers
speedy recovery

jack
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Very apt Jack. The attractive Physiotherapist in residence at the Hospital paid particular attention to the damaged Glutes.
However, on an other note it is sad to read that Roger Whiteside was injured in an incident at Donington. I hope he recovers quickly.
Two crocs is two too many
regards to all
peter