Local News Please.

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Local News Please.

Post by Bob Bull »

I am hoping to start to a weekly news report on the BBC Three Counties web site featuring local drivers and personalities with images where ever posiible.
If you qualify by being one of those blessed enough to reside in the Herts, Beds or Bucks area I would be delighted to recieve any information regarding success's, tradgedies that may be of interest to this area. All reports will be accessible via the main BBC web site! Wow! Impress your friends!!

Bob.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
JERRY KNIGHT

Re: Local News Please.

Post by JERRY KNIGHT »

well that killed that one Bob , if anybody else does live there they are certainly not going to confess to it on here are they.
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

Bob, do you want reports on all forms of motorsport or just racing ?
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Herts, Beds or Bucks area
Where? :-s
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Modesty Prevents !!

jack from herts
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Modesty Prevents !!
:roll:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

It's always the same! You try to start a serious discussion on the forum when someone (ie Mary) will turn it in to a pantomime. [-X

Seriously Jim,
Anything of local interest can get a mention, I'm not proud.

Bob
Regards
Kelvin Laidlaw
Morgan Class D

Post by Kelvin Laidlaw »

"Hearts, Beds and Bucks" stories.

This sounds more like 'kiss and tell' from Hollywood or from footballers' wives. Bob I am astounded that an esteemed journalist, even one who 'is not proud', could stoop so low. I have always thought you were more of the Woodward and Bernstein school of journalism. Still, my agent Max Clifford will no doubt be in contact soon.

Regards

Kelvin $$$
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Kelvin Laidlaw wrote:This sounds more like 'kiss and tell' from Hollywood or from footballers' wives.
Kelvin,
Despite the forgoing comment, it is good to hear that you are fully recovered from your Pomeroy dramas, or at least sufficently restored to use a keyboard.
I think that my reputation as a serious player in the motor sport media will survive your suggestion that I maybe a scurrilous, scandal seeking, tabloid type hack.
In any case I am not sure that you should be indulging in such speculation as it may well cause people to wonder about Jim's character, indeed to place him in the same category as a WAG might well be libellous!!

No! No! I have no doubt that Mr. Mountain's life woud stand up to even the most rigorous investigation. A model of sobriety and decorum, with an impeccable reputation. In Chesham at least.
I believe that our Jim was probably intending to advise me of his fourth place in the local flower show's 'Rose Bowl' final, or even an honourable mention in a gymkhana somewhere.

Still, as I say, it is good to hear from you again, and I hope most sincerely that I am able to record your on track presence before too long.

Kindest regards,

Slightly Shocked Bob.

PS; If you do have any griff on Mr M do let me know.
Regards
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

Bob Bull wrote: In any case I am not sure that you should be indulging in such speculation as it may well cause people to wonder about Jim's character, indeed to place him in the same category as a WAG might well be libellous!!

No! No! I have no doubt that Mr. Mountain's life woud stand up to even the most rigorous investigation. A model of sobriety and decorum, with an impeccable reputation. In Chesham at least.

Bob,

Have you been researching my background from the locals in some of Cheshams rougher drinking establishments ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jim Mountain wrote:Have you been researching my background from the locals in some of Cheshams rougher drinking establishments ?
Jim,
Certainly not, but ....................... it seems that Kelvin has!!! :evil: :evil:

Apropros nothing else; I tipped Jenson Button to win the Chinese Grand Prix (live 0n-air, I must point out.)
Regards
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

I won my class (of 3 !) today, you can pop that on the raido if you want :wink:

Whens your slot on 3 counties, I might listen if I knew when it was.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Excellent news! The football season is coming to an end (well sort of.) and BBC Three Counties have three hours of sports programme to fill on Tuesday evenings. Step forward intrepid Motor Sport Editor - Bob Bull. I will be attempting to fill about 45 - 60 minutes with motor sport news and interviews. There will be live on-air interviews with local drivers and personalities plus anything I can pick up around the circuits. (No ribald comments PLEASE!)
So if anyone feels that they have something to offer the denizens of Herts, Beds. and Bucks. let me know.

Residents of other areas ......... eat your hearts out.

Bob.

Note to Jim; Friday evenings 7.50 to 8.0pm. Tuesdays when contributing 8.0 - 9.0 pm. Listen on the internet.
Regards