750 Relay

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

750 Relay

Post by Bob Bull »

The annual six hour thrash will be held on the 29th of the month, any idea of entries as yet?
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Andy Green
Morgan Class B

Re: 750 Relay

Post by Andy Green »

Bob

So far 2 Morgans Teams have made an entry

1 Morgans for fun
2 Morgan Lady and Gentlemen
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

I notice that the 750 club offer a 'matching service' for individuals looking for a team or a team looking for drivers, so if you can't raise sufficient Morgans for a team try entering as an individual, and you may wind up with a lot of IMPs, MG's, Caterhams or such.

Could be fun.
Regards
Tim Ayres

Post by Tim Ayres »

Have you tried the 'matching service' Bob, or are you a confirmed 'batchelor :twisted: ' ?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim,
Have you not yet realised that I am like an historic motorbike ......................MATCHLESS?
Well strike a light!

See you there?

Bob.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Any ideas on the identity of the sixth Lady or Gentleman as yet?

Very much looking forward to Saturday, as it is always a very 'fun event'. Will many non-competitor Morganers be turning up?

I will bring my camera so keep smiling.

See ya!

Bob.
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

only 5 Bob,

Keith Ahlers
Ray Higgs
Sharlie (Bob) Goddard
John Bevan
Tim Ayres

see you there,

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thanks for that John, it is very important that us Senior Media Executives are fully up to speed on such matters especially on those that relate to Morgans and their drivers, after all one does not like to appear a fool in front of one's peers!!

Mind you, having witnessed the carnage amongst the Morgans last year, it might be wise to sign-up another team member, or there could be a danger of running out of motor cars before the race is over. Knowing that a bitter internecine struggle is bound to ensue between the two teams, having one more car could tip the balance in the favour of the 'Fun Loving Mob'.

Shoud I bring my bike?

Bob (Sharlie?) Bull.
Regards
Katy Thompson
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Katy Thompson »

But Bob, you will "pop" in for tea, coffee, bacon roll, toast, cereal, chilli and rice, veggie soup and cakes (but not necessarily in that order) won't you??

I would hate to think of you wasting away........

Katy.
Katy Thompson
Race Series Coordinator
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Bob- are you just called Sharlie at weekends? I think we should be told............... :lol:
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

john bevan wrote:Bob- are you just called Sharlie at weekends? I think we should be told............... :lol:
Keith Ahlers
Ray Higgs
Sharlie (Bob) Goddard
John Bevan
Tim Ayres

JB,
It was this rather cryptic item that lead me to query the link between 'Bob' and 'Sharlie'! Is the lovely Mrs. Goddard known as Bob to those in the know? Or is the lovely Bob dubbed Sharlie in Morgan circles?

I THINK I SHOULD BE TOLD after all confusion between us could prove embarrrasing. Not least to Mr. Goddard (who I might add is a charming gentleman).

Perhaps in between driving stints you could explain the reasoning behind this matter.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Katy Thompson wrote:But Bob, you will "pop" in for tea, coffee, bacon roll, toast, cereal, chilli and rice, veggie soup and cakes (but not necessarily in that order) won't you??

I would hate to think of you wasting away........

Katy.
Katy,
Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm in your invitation?
While I will admit to making a fairly hefty dent in the comestibles last year, this was only because the lady in charge* presented a definitely threatening demeanour to any poor soul who did not appear to be doing their share in reducing the vast stockpile of sandwiches, cakes, pies, rolls and various other assorted groceries on display. I was left in little doubt as to the fate of anyone who failed to consume vast quantities of the provender laid out.

My good lady wife usually let's me bring a cheese sandwich to most meetings so that I do not get hungry - she is very good like that - however, it would be churlish to reject you kind invitation so look out for me at anytime during the long six hours of teduim that is the Birkett.

Lots of love,

Bob.

Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

the long six hours of teduim that is the Birkett
I know you like obscure words Bob but can you enlighten us as to the meaning of teduim?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:
the long six hours of teduim that is the Birkett
I know you like obscure words Bob but can you enlighten us as to the meaning of teduim?
Mary,
No way was I going to describe the 750CC's event as tedious, so resorted to subterfuge.

Well that's my excuse!

BB
Regards
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Bob- I think Sharlie was referencing Black Adder and the episode where Blackadder falls in love with his manservant who is actually a girl dressed as a man who calls herself Kate. Blackadder says "Isn't Kate a funny name for a man?" whereupon she repiles "It's short for Bob!"

I hope I have cleared the matter up,

John