Morgan Pictures Non Bob.

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Morgan Pictures Non Bob.

Post by Bob Bull »

A friend of mine who is a 'proper photographer' has sent me this picture of the Kremer's Morgan at Le Mans 2006, and allowed me to publish it here, he has a number of Morgan pics taken oop North, and can be contacted at the address below, should anyone be interested. I know his archives go back at least as far as the 1970's and might well be worth a visit for that historic shot you always wanted.
http://www.petetaylor.org.uk

Don't forget to mention BHP and he MIGHT pay me commission on any sales, well he will owe me a cuppa next time we meet.

PPS; Tony L his site features shots of the Cognac in action from years ago.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Re: Morgan Pictures Non Bob.

Post by jack bellinger »

Not to be big headed..
but I think that is XOV and yours truly... Can tell by the pink stip on the legs

jack
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Pink stip on the legs? Is that an STD? Deffo Liberace in disguise....
Chris
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

This one appears to be of a loony driving a car without harness or roll bar. I wonder if anyone know who might drive this car now!!!!!!!

http://www.petetaylor.org.uk/photo_1673709.html

:)
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Stips are the latest fashion , Havent you lot heard

jack
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

john bevan wrote:This one appears to be of a loony driving a car without harness or roll bar. I wonder if anyone know who might drive this car now!!!!!!!

http://www.petetaylor.org.uk/photo_1673709.html

:)
great shot!
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

"Stips are the latest fashion , Havent you lot heard --jack"

only pink ones?
peter
Peter Taylor

Post by Peter Taylor »

Apologies for the confusion- my fault! I looked thro' the LMC Start sheet and saw a Morgan with the number 41.... wrong race! There were two Morgans with 41 race number.

Cheers,

Pete.
Peter Taylor

Post by Peter Taylor »

Le Mans Classic 2010- very hot, iirc.

Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Peter Taylor wrote:Apologies for the confusion- my fault! I looked thro' the LMC Start sheet and saw a Morgan with the number 41.... wrong race! There were two Morgans with 41 race number.
One of the cups at the LMC is a team cup, and the teams are made up from a car in each grid (all carrying the same number). They try to put the same marques in the teams where possible, so seeing Morgans of different ages with the same number is highly likely. Confusing, though....
Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Oh! Bigger! Jack was right again.
Regards
Peter Taylor

Post by Peter Taylor »

Chris Acklam wrote: One of the cups at the LMC is a team cup, and the teams are made up from a car in each grid (all carrying the same number). They try to put the same marques in the teams where possible, so seeing Morgans of different ages with the same number is highly likely. Confusing, though....
Especially if they all look exactly the same...... I'll get me coat.

Perhaps I ought to "out myself" now; before Bob does. I am a Lotus person.

In mitigation I shall plead that, back in 1975, I bought Houston Bowden's "First and Last of the Real Sports Cars and very nearly put down a deposit for a +8. The waiting list was, iirc, about 8 years at the time. My pal did put his deposit down; however I became side-tracked in a complex deal involving a nearly new V12 E-Type, a Frazer Nash (with or without hyphen), and an Austin Healey. When the music stopped, I ended up with the Jaguar; what I really wanted the FN. As luck would have it, someone came along with a silly offer on the shiny red Jag and I moved it on for a handsome profit before I had even paid for it! Happy days, although I'll always regret having missed the FN.
Some years later, my pal, having forgotten about the +8, received a letter from Malvern informing him that his car would be ready shortly and would he mind making arrangements to pay the outstanding balance? Marriage, house purchase and baby had occurred (although not necessarily in that order), panic ensued but fortunately he off-loaded it via one of the Sunday newspapers.

I'll try not to be rude about Morgans again, although I once had a very bad experience with a Bayonet tack and, come to think of it, a damp-proof course. :wink:

Cheers,
Pete.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Well, I tried to warn Chris about letting this person in, but unfortunately he has slipped through the net, but I suppose if he refrains from singing the praises of plastic cars, as opposed to solid wooden one's we should all be grateful for small mercies.

Welcome aboard Pete, I know that you will enjoy the company of the many fine fellows, and charming ladies on this site, and your twisted and bizarre sense of humour will make mine look positively sane.

Cheers,

Bob
Regards
Peter Taylor

Post by Peter Taylor »

I was just about to sing the praises of the Plus 4 Plus... but I'll shut up.

Even if it was the best looking Morg.............

...............arrrgghhh, the men in black are at the door........... 8-[
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

" ................................ very nearly put down a deposit for a +8. The waiting list was, iirc, about 8 years at the time."

Ah! I often wondered why they were called +8's now I know.

Bob
Regards