Race reports 2014

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Race reports 2014

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I am looking for volunteers to write race reports for the 2014 season

A race report doesn't have to be a lap by lap account of the race but can be in your own style with your own observations from the paddock or the circuit. It is interesting to have reports written in different styles and Leigh Sebba has produced some marvellous newsy items.

The volunteers who wrote and submitted reports very soon after the events in 2013 were Catherine Emberson, John Bevan, Simon Rothon, Leigh Sebba and Tim Ayres and I thank them all for their hard work and for being prepared to support the series in this way.

If you or your pit crew or family members would like to write a report please email me by using the email link on the Morgan Challenge web site Contact page: http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/contact.html
Katy Thompson
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Race reports 2014

Post by Katy Thompson »

What, no-one has volunteered?

I'm sure that there are people in our fraternity who can read and write and have a sense of humour..........

I'm sure I've met them :)

Katy
Katy Thompson
Race Series Coordinator
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Katy, I have had a few volunteers!

Simon Sherry has volunteered to write the report for Zandvoort in May, Greg Parnell for Cadwell in June and Philip Tisdall for Silverstone International 23rd - 24th August. =D>

John Bevan and Kelvin Laidlaw have volunteered to write a report or two but have not yet specified for which races and I am hoping that Catherine Emberson and Leigh Sebba might be prevailed upon to help out as well. [-o<

There must be other budding reporters out there - don't be shy! :oops:

If you or your pit crew or family members would like to write a report please email me by using the email link on the Morgan Challenge web site Contact page: http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/contact.html

It would be really helpful if you could contact me so that I know which events are covered.
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

I'm sure that there are people in our fraternity who can read and write and have a sense of humour..........

Do we not already have a reporter of International repute in our midst......

He is certainly not afraid to "publish and be damned" and his numerous posts on this forum show that he has a certain amount of wit....

Perhaps the offer of a sausage sandwich and a new set of bicycle clips will tempt him to volunteer

What say you Bob?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

For a sausage sandwich, I'm anybody's!!!

Mary, I expect to be at The Pom, MG Live, BDC and MSCC Donington and would be happy to act as official Morgan Scribe if required, but equally happy not to be if the position is already filled.

Bob
Always willing to go that extra mile.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

For a sausage sandwich, I'm anybody's!!!
Bob, I will remember that!

As for the race reports - thank you - it would be great if you could write the reports for MSCC Donington and BDC Silverstone, these are the two Challenge rounds.

If you have time (and inclination) to write reports on the other two it would be interesting to have these to include on the web site and in the Morgan Club magazine if they are written from a Morgan viewpoint.

Just off to buy the sausages and bread….
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Right - now we need to nail it down.
John and Kelvin which races will you cover for me?

13-14th April Snetterton - volunteer required
3rd - 4th May Zandvoort - Simon Sherry (thank you)
26th May Castle Combe - volunteer required
8th June Donington - Bob Bull (thank you)
28th - 29th June Cadwell - Greg Parnell (thank you)
19th - 20th July Croft - volunteer required
2nd August Silverstone BDC - Bob Bull (thank you)
23rd - 24th August - Silverstone International Wing - Philip Tisdall (thank you)
20th September Oulton Park - volunteer required
4th - 5th October Snetterton 200 and 4 hour relay - volunteers required - one for each event.

On a couple of occasions last year we were fortunate in that two people wrote reports for the same event and it was fascinating to read an account from two different points of view. Please don't hesitate to jot down a report if you are there even if someone else is also planning to write a report.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Tim Hill wrote:

Do we not already have a reporter of International repute in our midst......

He is certainly not afraid to "publish and be damned" and his numerous posts on this forum show that he has a certain amount of wit....

Perhaps the offer of a sausage sandwich and a new set of bicycle clips will tempt him to volunteer

What say you Bob?
Another fine mess you've got me into Stanley!
Regards
Mark Shears

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Mary and Katy,

If it helps you girls - and Bob - I will write the report for the Bentley Drivers Club Silverstone Meeting.

It spreads the workload a bit wider!

Cheers

Mark
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Thanks Mark, when taking pictures it is not always easy to follow the race action.
Mary, no race at MG Live this year?

BB
Regards
Matthew Wurr
Tech Comm

Post by Matthew Wurr »

Mary ... As I will not be racing at the beginning of the year, I am happy to offer my writing services for the first race at Snetterton !

Also, as I am considering getting 99 OK out to 'Blow out the cobwebs' .... just so I can keep my hand in !
I will look forward to seeing a number of you there ?

Matthew
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hi Matthew, your offer of help is much appreciate and I have added you to my rota!

Yes please for the Snetterton race in April and I am sure that you and Bob can sort out a mutually satisfactory arrangement between you for BDC Silverstone. between you.

Michelle and Chris Bailey have kindly volunteered to write the report for Croft.

I still don't seem to have the definitive list of Challenge rounds and I am hoping that Katy will be able to let me have this soon.
tim harrison

Post by tim harrison »

Hi Mary
Samuel will do Oulton if done from a ten year old's perspective would be ok?
and Sarah will do the october challenge race from snetterton if required.
Tim Harrison
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Hi Tim,

That's a great idea, it would be really interesting to have a report from a younger viewpoint, please thank Samuel very much.

If Sarah could write the report for the Challenge race at Snetterton in October that would be brilliant too.

It is useful for me to have the email addresses of volunteers so that I can remind them nearer the time so please can you (Tim) and Matthew send me an email via the Challenge web site contact page?
http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Pages/contact.html

It is good to see that some new volunteers are coming forward - we look forward to reading their reports during the season.
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Castle Combe and Snetterton 200 and Relay would be a pleasure to write Mary,

John
Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!