Class of 1985 Brands Hatch Reunion

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Class of 1985 Brands Hatch Reunion

Post by Mary Lindsay »

This year is the 30th anniversary of the Morgan Challenge race series and we had a great reunion at Brands Hatch on Monday 31st August, bringing together many of the original drivers from the first ever race.

Dominic House has kindly provided a photo of the Class of 1985 which is also on Facebook:

The Class of 1985
Left to right: Grahame Bryant, Andy Garlick, Peter Garland, Andy Downes (series co-founder), Jim Deacon, Norman Stechman, Jack Bellinger, Richard Casswell, Barry Sumner, Leigh Sebba, Steve Spencer (original handicapper for the Challenge), Barry Iles, John Milbank (driver and series sponsor in 1985), Rick Bourne (series co-founder), Dave Freeman, Mary Lindsay.

The cars in the photo competed in the first ever round of the Challenge in 1985.

Everyone took part in the series from the very start and of those who were on the grid in the first ever round of the Challenge six were racing at Brands Hatch on Monday: Grahame Bryant, Jack Bellinger, Barry Sumner, Leigh Sebba, John Milbank and Mary Lindsay.
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Class of 1985 Brands Hatch Reunion

Post by Andy Downes »

Great picture Dominic.

Thanks for the details Mary.

I would just add that Richard Casswell was also a series co-founder, and also present on Monday with her +8 from 1985 was Caroline Tarry, sadly she was in the wrong place at the right time at Brands :(

A wonderful day despite the weather, and I was thrilled so many original faces chose to come and support us.

Last, and very definitely not least - "Thank You Leigh" for all your hard work, it wouldn't have happened without you - and I love the caption on your car 8-)

Have Fun

Andy
'Skipper'