pps
who is penning the race report?
peter
SimonScott
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: ie mans classic

Post by SimonScott »

Bob does very good race reports - even if he isn't there! :wink:
Formerly #64 - Class E 4/4 Sport Comp and Class R Lwt Roadster...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Sadly Simon my French is not up to the task of producing a believable version of what ever happened at La Sarthe, however, if someone sends me a programme and a copy of the results I could probably knock up a convincing report. Let's face it most of the actual participants were almost certainly well wined, and basically non compos mentis most of the time.

One question; Has the circuit changed much since 1955, when I was last there?

Scoop.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Thanks Peter – from some of the texts I got, those back home watching live timing or Youtube video knew a lot more than I did running between the pits and paddock trying to find my supposedly ‘dead’ car which was actually racing round the track.

Catching up on paperwork, sleep, and cleaning out the Discovery and will then update you (or maybe at Anglesey). As you say – good weather – and some hiccups but generally we all ran OK for most of the time.

Pre war car sprayed me with oil on first lap practice at night – so I pulled off Mulsanne and found myself next to a KFC. Regrettably the KFC was closed (I think only access was from the racetrack and they don’t like racers stopping for refreshment). All got sorted in time for first race.

Peter (Cole) missed his Le Mans start in +4 due to burst water hose but he started from pit lane at back of grid and got the full race. All his training on the treadmill for the sprint was wasted.

Nice to see chirpy faces of the Houses.

So, off to another foreign country end of next week