Web site updates 2017

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Re: Web site updates 2017

Post by Bob Bull »

Greg Mackie wrote:Not true, Bob...I'm not that old.
Well you will be well before that Morgan is finished. :roll:
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Greg Mackie
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Greg Mackie »

This year, I promise.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bob, I am overwhelmed by your remarks - thank you!

I will always endeavour to make your wondrous work both literary and photographic available to your wide circle of admirers with great haste.
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

"Second Rate Bob" !!!!
When did he get promoted?
ps
Bob, although I only just mastered the Brownie 127, the next time when you are at your station near the Copse latrine, there will be no need to adjust shutter frame and angle speed or angle of dangle to capture the pretty red car in slow motion as i will be travelling in slowmo
regards
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Peter, in order to get an action shot of your car, I would need to take a picture as I ran past it. :shock:
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary Lindsay wrote:Bob, I am overwhelmed by your remarks - thank you!

I will always endeavour to make your wondrous work both literary and photographic available to your wide circle of admirers with great haste.

I have a massive portfolio, Mary, however, not as big as my ego. :oops:
Regards
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Venerable Bob, I would not recommend an octogenarian to engage in running, especially at your age. However, returning to the esoteric science of recording pixelated moving images in real time on light sensitive vellum (as opposed to in a spidery primitive Pitmanesque scribble, or even your Giuseppe Marconi sideline if that is not now extant) might I suggest you trade in your Hasselbad for a zoopraxiscope and I will gladly collude in this endeavour by driving the pretty red car at the appropriate speed at at a suitable venue. I regret that this will not be Brands Hatch, as I have unfortunate memories of that place , and we Northerners get nose bleed travelling so far south.
Moreover,the thought of circulating on the Indy circuit every 9 or 10 minutes would send me dizzy.
I am confident that that this new tactic would improve your status and standing not only with Blessed Mary and the sadly remaining diminshed readers and subscribers to this august forum, but also your colleagues in that undervalued affliction of the recorders of the written word and optical illusion. Think for a moment how you might even climb above the mundane second rate ( apols if i failed to congratulate you your elevation) and attain the dizzy heights of………..

ps at this critical moment the Petrus needed recharging and the cat pressed the send button…

Advance Brittania
pps
I explained to my grandson who'had witnessed my sterling endeavours at Silverstone that it was indeed racing , not perhaps like Bernies vision but similarly in the morgan challenge its also called racing in that we do all start at the same time
oops!!
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Eee Ba Goom, 'e doo tork Posh urn Pe'er.

Effete Southerner
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Entry form and regs for Oulton Park on 10th June are now on the web site.

http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

pps
I explained to my grandson who 'had witnessed my sterling endeavours at Silverstone that it was indeed racing , not perhaps like Bernies vision but similarly in the morgan challenge its also called racing in that we do all start at the same time
Did he burst into tears Peter? Maybe you could invite him into your pit and present him with a cloth cap.

If I make take the Liberty.
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

The latest points are now on the web site:

http://www.morganchallenge.co.uk/Points ... wards.html
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

A cloth cap?
Venerable Bob .
I fear that such an adornment would be received both with studied indifference and disparaging looks and, ultimately spurned (he has 20 different ways of rolling his eyes, each of which has a different meaning). Ever since I became Gan Gan Big Tum I have struggled to bridge the generation gap with Grandchild (aka Dynasty). To date I can only report that it is indeed a veritable chasm. Anyone who has been chided by a child knows the depth of embarrassment and shame. Its not just the spoken word of the child , but the intense look accompanied by the briefest hint of a smile, the purse of the lips, the inclination of the head, and more damaging the raising of the eyebrow. He is convinced that my efforts in the crucible of the racetrack have improved form the abysmal to dismal (nay nay do I hear the protestations???)
Even in Yorkshire , Caps were long ago replaced by the ubiquitous multi coloured baseball headgear, now in an oversize form worn at obtuse angles or in reverse, not just by the style conscious yoof of today but even the recidivist middle aged and bumbling pensioners. I am saddened to report that it has even been sported by members of the local golf club, to its eternal shame.
The traditional flat cap has almost been relegated to those great artefacts of antiquity including Meccano, Hornby double oo, marbles, home made trolleys, roller skates etc. Notforgeting those pastimes of yesteryear enjoyed by all children in them days like scrumping, hopscotch, ringing Doorbells and legging it ,,,,(not just the preserve of those ruffians in the next gang).
I will reflect, all by mybyself immersed in the great wines of Bordeaux and dream of rebutting the Treaty of Troyes
ps
I presume Bob you have retained your Homburg
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Dear Yorkshire Boy, Ee ba gum lad, it is apparent from the content of your missive that you have never ventured to that Holy-of-Holies, The Goodwood Revival! There a cheesecutter, is de rigeur for the cognoscenti who wish to have access to the more hallowed regions of the paddock. Yay verily were thou to attempt ingress without blazer and tie, a firm yet polite refusal would be forthcoming. So fear not, that icon of North Country Chic lives on in the cultured environs of West Sussex, along with tweed jackets, high heels, flouncy skirts, and perambulators of a certain vintage. A baseball cap, worn at any angle is punishable by a night in the stocks.

Grandchildren? Which actor once stated; "Never work with children or dogs." Both well known devices for reducing even the most sophisticated elder to scorn and ridicule in the eyes of the less mature.

No doubt our paths will cross again sometime in the, hopefully, not too distant future, at which happy occasion we can compare stories of our humiliation at the hands of mere striplings.

Ba tat, as they say in Ilkley.

Robert.
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Is there an entry list available for Brands Hatch as yet?
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Bobby,

I will email you a scan of the entries listed in the final instructions. There might have been some late entries since then.

The Morgans will be located in the pits.

Mary