Birkett

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Birkett

Post by Bob Bull »

I don't think any Morgan team won the Birkett, but they had the best grub.

Thanks Kate.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Re: Birkett

Post by Mary Lindsay »

They must have had the best umbrellas as it looked very wet when I was watching it on YouTube.
Jack also tells me that all cars finished unscathed despite the dreadful weather and very poor driving. I saw many overtaking under waved yellows and some near misses behind the safety car...
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Jack also tells me that all cars finished unscathed despite the dreadful weather and very poor driving. I saw many overtaking under waved yellows and some near misses behind the safety car...

Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Tell that to Aero Racing One, or Aero Racing Two!

Craig's own personal car shredded a fan belt that then broke the 'something or another' censor, and brought about retirement. Jon Richardson was spun into the pit wall by a "Red car" and ended up with a dented front and back wing. He retired thus leaving Tony Hirst as sole survivor, and the demise of the team. Tom Richardson was forced wide by another over taker and also brushed the wall, damaging front and rear wings. Morgans and Radicals etc. just don't mix.

I think the Safety Car won the race as it did more laps than any other car.

Either my camera or my skills are not up to the job of recording events in such miserable weather, I will post a link, but don't look forward to the results.
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I didn’t realise it was on YouTube but I dipped into the timing and saw that Aero 1 team ( and Williams team - any Mogs ?) not doing well. Aero 2 doing better and ‘Morgans for fun’ ( strange idea of fun) up midfield. But red flagged a bit early and also mentioned 150 minutes of safety car !!
Hope all have dried out and the damage not too great.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Leigh Sebba wrote:I didn’t realise it was on YouTube but I dipped into the timing and saw that Aero 1 team ( and Williams team - any Mogs ?) not doing well. Aero 2 doing better and ‘Morgans for fun’ ( strange idea of fun) up midfield. But red flagged a bit early and also mentioned 150 minutes of safety car !!
Hope all have dried out and the damage not too great.
I have a picture of the Williams' Morgan leaving the pits, but it never appeared again, apparently ceasing to operate as designed, on it's first lap.
Regards
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

I was talking about the Morgan's for Fun team
yes there was a fair amount of incidents with the other Mog teams

I had Fun

jack
keith morris

Post by keith morris »

The Morgans for Fun pit crews should be congratulated as well as the drivers (who were brilliant) - as everyone on the pit wall got very wet and cold. As far as Grub is concerned we got through over 4 kilos of Bacon!!! Kate OG's grill was working overtime!! But as the name suggests - we did have fun despite the rain!