Vnuk law

Races, track days, testing ...
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Vnuk law

Post by Mary Lindsay »

Someone has just pointed out to me that this legislation has just reared its head again.

It would seem to have far-reaching implications for motor sport and beyond – do we have any knowledge of what the MSA are doing?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... -tractors/
machiel kalf

Re: Vnuk law

Post by machiel kalf »

Dear Mary and all others,

Every day I read the newspapers and follow the news on TV. But, this is totally new to me. I know that there is an idea about MOT's for tractors. But, for that all the tractors need a reg.number.
An action like this takes a lot of time. On the other hand I think it's a good idea to start with MOT's on tractors. If you see the modern tractors they are driving around on the public roads with a speed around 60 km/hour. The very old tractors with very bad lights are an other form of danger.

But, for a lawnmower....... sorry, that's totally new to me. I know that in Scandinavia it's no longer allowed to use petrol from a petrol station in your lawnmower or for example, chainsaw. For that there is a very clean petrol, no ethanol, no benzene, no toluene. The brand name is ASPEN. Real good stuff. For classic cars they have top quality petrol called ECOMAXX. I use it during the winter period. This stuff doesn't give any damage on all those parts who have normally contact with petrol. I know it's more expensive, but, a new petrol tank is expensive as well. Or a new set of 42DCOE' Webers!

All the best,

Machiel.
Mark Shears

Re: Vnuk law

Post by Mark Shears »

Hi Mary and Machiel,

This topic reared its ugly head again at the Competition Day at the Bentley Drivers Club the other week.

It was not given a great deal of time as we were led to believe that the powers that be in UK Motorsport had already received an exemption.

However there was no discussion regarding whether your ride on mower was also covered - unless of course you are in to lawn mower racing...?!

Cheers

Mark