Morgans at Pembrey

Races, track days, testing ...
Iain Leviston
Anti spam question: MSA

Morgans at Pembrey

Post by Iain Leviston »

I hope everyone is well.

I am keeping the social media up to date (Instagram msccracemog; Twitter @MorganChalleng4) but am looking for future content to release.

thanks to Lawrie Mills and Phill Thomas i have video for Snetterton and Silverstone. However, we have not been to Pembrey in my involvement in the Championship, and Google search doesn't show anything either.

Therefore, can you let me know if we have raced at Pembrey as a Championship, and if so have you any photos or videos I could share on the socials? Have you raced a Mog there with another club with photos etc that you can share with me? do you have any photos or video of sad Morgans sat in sheds ready to race, or drivers practising their driving techniques while sat on the sofa?

We have seen a lot of new followers and a lot of engagement in recent weeks which can only be good for the series when we get back racing.

Many thanks.

Iain
Iain Leviston
Motorsport Lead, Morgan Sports Car Club & Centre Secretary, SportsMog Centre
Tel: 07512 639 188

SportsMog: Because a Morgan is for life, not just for dining!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Morgans at Pembrey

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Hi Iain
Yes I recall going there. And if you look on challenge home page bottom right ‘lap records’ there are records from Pembrey from races July 1997 and June 2002. Records held by Peter Garland, Paul Burry, Kelvin Laidlaw and David James. I can probably find the results from whichever I was at (if not both). There may possibly be photos in Miscellany. As I recall it is rather flat and open so photos wouldn’t obviously be of there ! I think maybe we had races over two days.
Keep up the good work
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

As we are enjoying (?) lockdown rather than S’stone I had a rummage and found the results from 27/07/97 and 09/06/02 along with Miscellany reports and will e mail you all this. My note says 2002 was ‘soaking wet’ whereas the report says ‘drying track’. 1997 seems to have been warm and dry so don’t know how it is that three of the lap records are from 2002. No photos but much discussion about the logistics where café, paddock etc all within the circuit and assembly area is on the outside.
I must have also been there another time as I have a note of a best lap time but not the date
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

I remember going once, probably in 1997, I will have a look and see what I can find.
I do remember that it was very wet, we were stuck on the outside of the track with no loos, no refreshments and nowhere to shelter! I vowed never to go again!
TonyLees
Morgan Class B

Post by TonyLees »

I have been there three times.
I liked it! It was rather wet.
Fastest Vintage and second overall.
Oh, silly me, we are talking about Morgans .... ;)