B D C

Races, track days, testing ...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

B D C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Not sure which topic to put this under – ‘older morgans’, ‘magazines’… but as BDC is imminent I put it here.

Interested to see August Miscellany P 15 return of Peter Askew with a photo of him at BDC 1968 (before my time ) and in his ‘modsports’ Mog at BDC in 1979 in the days when we raced against the 3 wheelers.
Andy Downes
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: B D C

Post by Andy Downes »

Leigh Sebba wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:18 pm Not sure which topic to put this under – ‘older morgans’, ‘magazines’… but as BDC is imminent I put it here.
Leigh, it doesn't matter where, as long as you POST :lol:

But whilst on the topic of BDC, does anyone know if there are to be spectators a la Donington ?

Thanks
Andy
'Skipper'
Alan House

Post by Alan House »

Hi All
Unfortunately not as far as I can tell and entrants only get 2 passes and an additional 1 for a second driver!
Alan
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

Do you know if that's 2 passes, 1 for the driver and one other.

Or the driver + 2 more passes?
peter rafter

Post by peter rafter »

Suspect its just 2 passes
for other meets e.g. MG there can be up to 4 passes
if you need tickets post a request here on line and if any drivers have spares then they can share
regards
peter
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Silverstone are restricting entry to the meeting, no BDC members can get in as spectators, all Press Season passes have been revoked, the Club will only be allowed to accredit a small number of Media.(Hopefully me). Completely over the top in my opinion, Donington allowed pre booked ticket holders in, and there did not seem to be a shortage of tickets.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Alan House

Post by Alan House »

Definately only 2 passes, 1 for driver/entrant and 1 for a race technician! Even BDC members cannot attend; it will be v. different to the past BDC meetings with no social aspect!
C'est la vie
Alan
Alan House

Post by Alan House »

Bob
You are welcome to squeeze in under the tonneau should you wish but I do not have room for you in my tent!
Alan
Jim Mountain

Post by Jim Mountain »

I will need 1 extra ticket if anybody has a spare.
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

I understand that the spectator issue is down to Silverstone only being granted the 2 F1 meetings by the government on the condition that there were no spectators for any event between July and August.. Clubs are hoping that after the second F1 this weekend Silverstone May... be allowed to offer a limited number of spectator tickets (like Donington)
If you are planning to enter a race with the BDC remember entries close at 12 noon on Wednesday August 12 And there will be NO late entries allowed
Philip
Alan House

Post by Alan House »

Hi
Just noticed a change to the supplementary regulations that in the event of a 2nd driver in a pit stop race, the passes allocation will be 2 passes for the 1st driver and 2 further passes for the 2nd driver!
The FISCAR race is usually a pit stop format with the possibility of a change of driver so there could be some unused passes available. As I will be driving the whole race myself, I am sorry that I'll not have a spare pass!
Best wishes
Alan
Alan House

Post by Alan House »

Hi
Since my last post BDC have announced EACH car entered will have 4 PASSES!
Alan
Eddie Singleton

Post by Eddie Singleton »

I have been going to the Bentley Drivers Club meeting as a spectator since the early 1970's and only missed 2 or 3 meetings. When I looked this morning on the Silverstone website it advertised the BDC meeting for 22 August but stated that no spectators were allowed....same applies to Club members....reason, following government guidance.

I then looked at Oulton Park and to my surprise, tickets are available online for spectators for the Gold Cup meeting scheduled for the August Bank Holiday. Ok, it may be cancelled in the interim, but at least there is an attempt to open it to spectators.

So what is this about :-
- are some organisers not following the guidance;
- are some organisers just not prepared to manage spectator attendance;
- is it for financial reasons;

At Silverstone, we are all outdoors and can have 50 metres social distancing, not just 2 !!
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

I think all msv circuits allow public although maybe not into the paddock. And don’t know if this is controlled
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

Hi Eddie I think that with Silverstone it is possibly two fold. Government licensing of F1 (no spectators July Aug) and the fact that Silverstone is so big with more than one circuit able to run at the same time.
At least BDC are giving 4 tickets per entry :P
Philip