Morgans & sports cars in competition

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Morgans & sports cars in competition

Post by Bob Bull »

After a number of years intruding on this hallowed space, i have only just noticed the legend above Morgans and Sports cars and am trying to find the correct interpretation of the phrase.
Is this site for Morgans, and also 'Sports Cars in competition and if so are Morgans not classed as Sports Cars? Should that not be the right inference why is there a lack of posts on Sports Cars in competition?

I suspect that the apparent quandary will only be made clear once our most esteemed commentator, and erudite linguist, Compo, has applied his intellect to the conundrum.

Over to you Mr Pretty Red Car.
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Re: Morgans & sports cars in competition

Post by Leigh Sebba »

If you scroll down at the bottom there is a heading called ‘Thoroughbred Sports Cars’ which I think was from the days when the race day usually included both a Morgan race and a mixed sports car race under the heading of ‘Thoroughbred Sports Car’ Series and for a few years some drivers (particularly I think the Class B Plus 8 cars) did both.

No doubt one could discuss how best to head the site which was primarily for Morgan cars in competition and is presumably now totally for Morgan cars in competition.

Clear ?
Bob Bull

Re: Morgans & sports cars in competition

Post by Bob Bull »

As mud!
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards