Race of Champions

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

Race of Champions

Post by Bob Bull »

I know that several members mentioned they may go to Wembley for this event and I wonder if they enjoyed as much as I did?
While strictly entertainment as opposed to proper motor racing the concept made for an exciting days action and it was an eye opener to see guys like Sebastien Vettel throwing an Aston Martin Vantage around the sinuous track. Michael Schumacher appeared to be the crowds favourite, with a huge cheer greeting his arrival on the start line for each round - until he was matched against Jenson Button! Button was met with a massive cheer and Schumi with a lot of good natured booing, but Michael had the last laugh when he beat Jenson.
Plenty to see between races and enough off road excursions to prove that the drivers were trying hard.
The organiisers are suggesting they may come back to Wembley next year, perhaps Morgans might feature if offered.
Happy Christmas,

Bob
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

I watched it on the box (quite gladly as it looked mighty cold for the spectators there) and it seemed like a lot of fun.

I found it a bit frustrating not knowing how each was doing until the halfway mark or so (because the inner and outer tracks were different), but having to drive such different cars for each race made it really interesting.

Loved it when Schumi spun out on the last corner in one race and stalled it on the start in another ....

Chris
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

COLD!!!!!! I thought Morgan drivers did not feel the cold!
Oh! Well. Another myth exploded.

BB
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Post by Chris Acklam »

Personally of course Morgan drivers are impervious to the elements - but we are always considerate towards those less fortunate...
Leigh Sebba
Morgan Class C

Post by Leigh Sebba »

Cold ? I never went as my son (who was interested in going) was playing Sunday morning football at Barnes against his cousin’s team – a needle match – eight nil - and I went to watch and that was COLD.

But perhaps next year
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

AH Sunday morning football... Real Football with Real people I bet the ref was useless and someone else drove you with the roof up

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Please, PLEASE!! Do not drag this topic into the mud of football.
A motor sport forum (even a mainly Morgan one) should never be used to discuss such a low class activity.
Let's keep it clean and on a higher mental plain.

Well that's what I fink.

BB
jack bellinger
Tech Comm

Post by jack bellinger »

Bob you started it by mentioning Wembley

love jack
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Hi! Jack,
Are you trying to tell me that they play football at Wembley?
I thought it was just a race track. You see, as Motor Sport Reporter for our local Radio station I only know about things with wheels and motors.

Don't bother replying, for as my wife will tell you - I always have the last word.

Yes Dear!

Kindest regards (anyway)

Bob B