New Web Site

Races, track days, testing ...
Bob Bull

New Web Site

Post by Bob Bull »

Following protracted e-mail exchanges with CA regarding loggin in and out of the 'New Improved' site, I am (rightfully according to CA) becoming paranoid and asking myself; "Am I the only one?"

Should any other member have had, or still be having problems with accessing and/or leaving the site, PLEASE, PLEASE reply to this post. My sanity is teetering on the brink and I about to order a jacket with very tight sleeves.

I hesitate to beleive is is a diabolical plot by Mr Admin to discredit a famous person like myself, but.............!!!

The're coming to take me away,ha ha.....

Bob B. 8-[ 8-[
Ace Photograp…… you know!
Regards
Chris Acklam
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: New Web Site

Post by Chris Acklam »

Pull yourself together man. If you're in, you're in - until of course you out yourself (not recommended).

As those who are in don't generally have a problem - and are the only ones who can reply or post - then logically any who agree with you cannot respond.

So you're on your own .... (I put should your affairs in order now - chronologically is normally good)
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Alright Clever Clogs, so I'm no tech brain, but how is it when I try to log out I am told I can't as I'm not logged in to the session in the first place?

Is this an example of Morgan technology? Anyway I don't have affairs, the Misses won't let me.

I must add that the problems that are unique to myself are not really problems, as I can access and post rude replies to you as well, so 'no problermo'.
I woz only tryin' to be helpful.

Even kinder regards,

Robert Francis Bull AKA 'Boppin' Bob :D
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Hmm, try the following:
  • 1. Click on 'Delete all board cookies' at bottom right of Board Index
    2. Navigate away from the board to some other site
    3 Check that the cookies have been deleted
    (for IE go to Tools/Internet Option/General/Browsing history/Settings and delete any files there starting phpBB3)
    (for Firefox go to Tools/Options/Privacy/Cookies/Show cookies and delete any files under phpBB.com)
    4. Then delete your cache
    (for IE go to Tools/Internet Option/General/Browsing history/Delete and delete Temporary internet files)
    (for Firefox go to Tools/Options/Privacy/Private data/Settings and tick Cache (and any others you want to clear out). Then click OK and then Clear now.)
    5. Then navigate back to http://www.brakehorsepower.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it should expect you to Log in - and once logged in it should then offer you the option Logout [ your name ]
    6. If not, hurl imprecations to the sky (or your wife, whichever is closer), kick the cat and flounce off to get stuck into a large glass of your nearest tipple.
Mary Lindsay
Morgan Class D

Post by Mary Lindsay »

6. If not, hurl imprecations to the sky (or your wife, whichever is closer), kick the cat and flounce off to get stuck into a large glass of your nearest tipple.
Chris, your technical approach to these matters is an inspiration to us all :wink: but the problem is that I don't have a wife...........
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

You're right of course Mary. My options were too limited.

Do feel free to choose from 'wife, mistress, husband, toyboy, Bellinger'' as appropriate.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Mary
cc Chris.

Mine was a cry for help not for a lesson in political correctness.

I tried kicking the wife and only succeeded in bruising my toes. Big girl is Mrs. B.

Any way I think (?) that the last masterclass in higher computing may have restored normality, at least to the BHP element. Not sure about marital relations.

Love

Bob
Regards
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Heck!!
Just tried to log out - no dice - here we go again.
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

OK, some progress. You are not alone. There are others with your problems (there maybe some small comfort in that at least).

It has been suggested that it can happen to those unfortunates who use Internet Explorer and have their settings at high security. If so, can you try adding http://www.brakehorsepower.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as a 'trusted site' in Tools/Intenet options/Security/Sites and see if that makes any difference?
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

Wilco
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

There are one or two other reports of this being reported to the software originators and it seems likely that it may be some combination of Vista and IE7 causing it (though I have been unable to replicate it using Vista Business & IE7). Doesn't happen if the browser is switched to Firefox, so seems likely to be a setting in IE7 somewhere.

I will report back as and when there are further developments.
Bob Bull

Post by Bob Bull »

While still trapped in the web site and unable to escape when accessing via IE I am now logged in through Mozilla Firefox, and, wonders of wonders - I can log out.
Ain't life grand.

Further grist to the techies mill no doubt.

Should I start another topic?
Regards
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Should I start another topic?
Having struggled free at last, are you willing to risk it again?