No spark! Coil wires

Technical queries or suggestions
GeorgeMartin

No spark! Coil wires

Post by GeorgeMartin »

I'm pretty sure it's the same for most later +8's with a ignition module but not sure. While taking my car apart i may have accidentally not labelled all the wires on the coil & may have also accidentally cut away said unlabelled wires, ooops!
What I have left is a 'white/black' wire - coil neg to module, a 'white/black wire - coil neg to resistors to something, another 'white/black' and 'white/yellow' wire - coil neg to something in the main car loom. On the coil positive side I only have a black wire from the cut out switch the red wire from the cut out switch goes to the module. Is there meant to be something else attached to the positive side of the coil?

Hope the above makes more sense to one of you than to me.

Many thanks

George.
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!
Jonathan Edwards

Re: No spark! Coil wires

Post by Jonathan Edwards »

George, judging by all the views and no replies I would say you're in trouble!! Can only recommend a pic or two to aid diagnosis and perhaps a call to Techniques etc.. Glad to help :)
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

George,
I have a 96 +8 When I get home I will take a pic or draw a plan If that would be a help I THINK the black/white wire is linked to the electrical rev counter
Philip
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

George,
I have had a look at my 96+8 on the + side there are 2 wires a Black wire and a White wire they both go into the harness
on the - side there are 3 black& white wires one goes to the "amp" and the others go into the harness
I hope this might help
Philip
john bevan

Post by john bevan »

Morgan Club Sport. The only way to drive to and from races!
GeorgeMartin

No spark! Coil wires

Post by GeorgeMartin »

Thanks guys for having a look. I really appreciate it. Hopefully with a fair wind I'll match it up and make it work!
You can live in your car, but you can't race your house!