Fire Extiguisher Servicing

Technical queries or suggestions
John Clarke
Anti spam question: MSA

Fire Extiguisher Servicing

Post by John Clarke »

Hi

Can anyone recommend a company to have a fire extinguisher serviced?

I have a rather flash alloy 2.4 Litre 'Ecolife' hand held extinguisher from OMP. Demon Tweeks want 79 pounds to turn it round.

Thanks

john
Chris Acklam

Post by Chris Acklam »

Isn't that the cost new?

I have a 6 month old 2.4l Lifeline hand-held (bought for Spa last autumn before I realised I needed a plumbed-in version) that you can have for £50...
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Demon Tweeks first quoted me 75 +VAT + 8 postage - they then realised this was silly and dropped the quote to 60 + VAT + 8 postage - as you state, still more than a 'normal' new unit

The one I have though is a light alloy and retails in their catalogue at 104 but Demon Tweeks say they are now 125!!

Anyway, please could you bring yours to S'stone BDC Chris c/w cradle and I may well buy it from you.

In the mean time....if anybody knows of a economic fire extinguisher servicer...... :?
Tim Hill

Post by Tim Hill »

I had my 1.75 litre hand held unit serviced by SPA Design in Staffordshire for £30. Website is http://www.spa-uk.co.uk/
They also sell them and did offer us a really good deal for Sprint and Hillclimbers of 30% off if we ordered 10 or more. Didn't have many takers though - better show Janes BBQ pictures around a bit more.
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Thanks Tim - I'll give them a call tomorrow

Please keep recommendations coming though.......
James Paterson
Morgan Class B

Post by James Paterson »

John try yellow pages - a local firm may be able to refill - an agricultural approach but right up until you need it in a fire - the scutineers just need a current label and a gauge showing green!
after all you race without belts and hoops so you wont be any where near the fire!
Peter Sargeant
Tech Comm

Post by Peter Sargeant »

rJohn. I've used a company called "Cleeve Fire protection" at Bishop's Cleeve, Near Cheltenham, Glos. to service my extinguishers - every two years to satisfy the scrutineers, although they suggest every year. They do work for "Lifeline" and charge, I think, circa £20 per handheld and £30 for a plumbed-in type - carriage would be extra.

I understand that an extinguisher needs be less than two years old or within two years of the last service to please both national and foreign scruts.

I imagine that you're aware that a pre 1965 car does not need a plumbed-in type only a hand held.
Richard Smith

fire extinguishers

Post by Richard Smith »

Try MK Fire, at Milton Keynes: they service the fire extinguishers in my premises, and I have never had a problem.
Richard Smith
Unstone Green, Derbyshire
1993 4/4 1.6efi MSCC 11823
Charles Neal

Post by Charles Neal »

I got mine done last time at Merlin Motorsport, I took it along and they did it on the spot. I think it was about £35.
Philip Tisdall

Post by Philip Tisdall »

as we are on the topic, I have just had my "lifeline" 1.75kg hand held serviced by Lifeline Fire & Safety Services, Burnsall Road, Coventry 02476712999. did it while i waited !! cost £13.00 they also put a "FIA" approved sticker giving the next service date They will do it by post
Philip
John Clarke

Post by John Clarke »

Thanks Phil - that's got to be the cheapest - surely?