Electrical gremlins or idiot!

Technical queries or suggestions
Andrew Faulds

Electrical gremlins or idiot!

Post by Andrew Faulds »

I have just been fitting a roll bar to my Plus 4 supersport and when I came to start the engine, it would not fire, (although turning over ok) and a number of electrical gremlins appeared, eg no rear lights, brake lights, indicators, horn etc. I think I may have drilled through some wiring when locating the roll hoop on the cill boards. Is this possible, as the roll hoop base plates are pre-drilled, and I was only drilling through these holes, so I would have thought this would have been allowed for when designed. It is the Safety Devices model with the twin cross braces. I dont think it was a coincidence that it happened as the car was running fine last week. I think a number of fuses have blown, but a) there are so many fuses under the dash in front of the heater box I am not sure which is which as no diagram came with the car and b) I don't want to start a fire!

I think, my best option is to leave well alone and get it trailered to my nearest dealer. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Phill Thomas
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Electrical gremlins or idiot!

Post by Phill Thomas »

I bet you've knocked the fuel pump out too, that's why it won't start. Have you pinched part of the loom? Does this mean you're coming racing? Good luck.
Andrew Faulds

Post by Andrew Faulds »

I think you may be right!
Hopefully next season........................
Andrew Faulds

Post by Andrew Faulds »

Does anyone has a fuse card diagram for this model? In the handbook it states that a card was issued with the car, but I have never seen one. On the GoMog sight, there is a diagram of Plus 4 of 2004 onwards, but I think more fuses were subsequently added.
My car has been trailered off to a Dealer, but it seems likely that the wiring was "compromised" where it passes down Drivers side of the car.