Original +8 LWT?

Technical queries or suggestions
Franz-Xaver Nager
Anti spam question: MSA

Re: Original +8 LWT?

Post by Franz-Xaver Nager »

Well then,

my first active appearance in brake horsepower.net turned out not just as fully helpful but also as very pleasant experience. Thanks to all of you for your info & suggestions to be followed with further curiosity.

Balancing your inputs I seem to have guessed right: The LWT series of 19 cars may be an interesting topic in Morgan history, but may not really have a major relevance on the sporting plan, because for historical racing any other period +8 can be rebuilt and raced with the alu parts - right?

Short for Leigh on FIA papers: Obviously there are quite a lot of +8s in Britain and on the continent built in accordance with the "moss-box" retro homologation 004-R and raced in international events (e.g. Keith Ahlers at Spa 6h). The other +8 homologation 665-79 (5-speed, dry sump, discs all around etc.) was - as to my modest knowledge - done in 1979 by Bruce Stapelton in coop with the MMC for his Gr. 4 car (c.f. Silverstone / WMC 1980). It seems this homologation is less known and referred to - probably because the Plus 8 was quite a competitive car in her first years, but maybe not so much 10 years later with all those 934s, BMW M1s, 512 BBs etc. on the starting grids?